- mauricesteenbergenAsked on November 25, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Captcha suddenly messed up in my layout
It happened all of a sudden, without me changing anything.
Tried deleting / re-adding the item, no luck.
Please fix this, it's really annoying.
- pixelstationAnswered on November 25, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I have this same problem and just sent them a message (before I saw yours).
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on November 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Looks like this is temporary glitch that we have now reported. To resolve the problem, please click on the Re-captcha button at the toolbar
- pixelstationAnswered on November 25, 2013 at 01:02 PMIt is working properly with reCaptcha but I would have preferred the old
method with just the line through the text - is it possible to get this
back and to have it line up properly?
John Camacho | (868) 374 6507
- mauricesteenbergenAnswered on November 25, 2013 at 01:54 PM
Same here, I loved the old one and I don't want to use Recaptcha. It doesn't resolve the problem.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 25, 2013 at 04:20 PM
We are truly sorry about that. This thread has been escalated to our developers already. This will be fixed anytime soon. This was due to the recent updates made on the form stylesheet.
Please inject the following CSS codes to temporarily correct this problem on your form since switching to re-captcha is not an option.
We will try to come up a better solution until this has not been officially corrected. Thanks and apologies for any inconveniences caused.
We will handle your issue on your thread here. http://www.jotform.com/answers/295290
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on November 25, 2013 at 06:52 PM
The problem related to captcha alignment is now fixed. There's no need to inject custom CSS codes. Kindly check your form now.
- mauricesteenbergenAnswered on November 26, 2013 at 04:12 AM
It's fixed now, thanks EltonCris!