- ancientalkemistAsked on November 30, 2013 at 08:22 PM
I know I have to create an auto responder for a refer a friend form. Is there any way to include personal message fron the person referring and also include the sender's name and email?
- CesarAnswered on December 01, 2013 at 02:43 AM
As long as those bits of information you want to send out are fields on the form, they will be included on the email alert / auto-responder when a user fills out the form.
Kindly elaborate on your question if neccesary, to assist you further. Thank you.
- ancientalkemistAnswered on December 02, 2013 at 06:36 PMI am including a screenshot of my form. On other websites the refer a friend forms usually include a subject like
"Check out htis awesome website I found!" and a personal message to the friend being refererred. When the for gets submitted an email is sent to the friend being referred and the sent from email is from the friend who sent it. It also includes their personal message to the friend.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 02, 2013 at 11:22 PM
That can be easily accomplished by Creating a Form Autoresponder
You can customized the autoresponder rather than having the default body message. Let us know if you need further help with this
- ancientalkemistAnswered on December 03, 2013 at 05:16 PM
I know I need to create an autoresponder. I said so in my initial question. If you read my response above you will see what I am trying to do. It seems the autoresponder is limited in what it can do.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 03, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Sorry but I am a bit puzzled with your original question. Please do correct me if I've misunderstood your question.
When you create autoresponder it should come up with the same field tags on your notification so it will capture users data and include it on the autoresponder message. Is this what you are referring about? Any fields that are filled on your form should be included on the autoresponder message or you can customized your autoresponder template if you'd like to display selected data. What you just need to do is to create these fields on your form. You can't capture users data if they are not filled and processed with your form.
- ancientalkemistAnswered on December 07, 2013 at 03:48 AMHi, I took a screenshot and annotated it for you to better understand. The way your autoresponder is structured doesn’t
allow me access to the form fields I need so a message can be sent from the person filling out the form.
I need access to the fields circled, so I can put them where the arrows point.
I also need access to the personal message field so that could replace the body of the email.
If you adjusted your autoresponder template to be able to access these, people could
truly create an Invite or Refer a Friend form.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on December 07, 2013 at 03:58 PM
Unfortunately, we haven't received any of your sceenshots. Please follow the proceedure below:
Please click on this link to use our image repository
1. Click on Browse and choose your image
2. Click on Send
3. Select and copy the URL the tool renders for you
Then click on the image icon and paste the URL there, and we will be able to see it
(The above instructions were originally posted by our manager Jeanette)
We look forward to helping you resolve the issue.
- ancientalkemistAnswered on December 07, 2013 at 05:41 PM
- CesarAnswered on December 07, 2013 at 06:35 PM
To have this setup work you must use a custom sender email so that the From Email address appears on the Email Alert wizard. To do so click on the Sender Email and select Add a Sender Email.
As you can see a fourth field will appear (third from the top, labeled From Email) this will allow you to use the "Your Email" field.
Kindly try out my example for if needed: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/33406935145959
Do let us know if you need additional assistance. Thank you.
- ancientalkemistAnswered on December 07, 2013 at 07:04 PM
I followed your instructions above and the From:email didn't appear. Also is there a way to style the body of the email itself so it looks more like a real email:
Hi "Friend's Name",
Your friend "Your Name" has invited you to join "Link to Website". Here is their personal message to you:
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 08, 2013 at 12:11 AM
Our apologies! From Email Address would only show up if you will use Mandrill's SMTP Settings to your account/forms. Set it up by following this guide: Set Email Field as the Notification Sender Email Address with Mandrill.
The body of the notification/autoresponder email is always customizable. Just create your message then click on the field tags on the right side:
Let us know if you need further assistance.