- cnb1572Asked on June 11, 2011 at 03:21 PM
Our business has had online clearing with Authorize.Net for years, but I am now trying to use it & Jotform to sell gift cards through our website. I've run our company card through it several times as trial runs, but I keep getting this message:
"Error During Transaction. Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system."
What does that mean, & how do I fix it? Thanks!
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 11, 2011 at 04:40 PM
I'm not sure if this helps, but after searching Authorize.Net's support pages, I was able to get this information:
Response Reason Text: Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system.
Notes: The server is not configured to process the product type derived from the market type of this transaction.
This can happen for four reasons:
1) You are attempting to process a type of transaction that your account is not designed to process. An example would be using a card swipe machine to process transactions on an e-commerce or mail order/telephone order (MOTO) account.
2) You are passing an incorrect value to the field x_market_type. If you are using a Retail account you want to pass a value of "2". The Implementation Guide for Card Present transactions can be found at http://www.authorize.net/support/CP_guide.pdf.
3) Your Merchant Service Provider may be incorrectly setup for this account.
4) The product type (SIC code) is incorrect for this account.
I still cannot make anything of this information as I am not familiar with Authorize.Net's API. I have submitted a ticket, though, to notify our developers about this issue. You will be contacted shortly as soon as any of our devs becomes available. Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 14, 2011 at 12:18 AM
This happens when you have a wrong Authorize.net account type - retail instead of ecommerce. Retail accounts require card to be present during transaction, i.e. the checkout is done at a brick & mortar store where the card is physically presented to cashier, while ecommerce allows online card info input by user from anywhere. Please try changing your Authorize.net account type to "Card Not Present".