- CecilevdMAsked on December 02, 2013 at 01:39 PM
I don't want to embed my form on another website, so to do the calculations I needed I set up a lot of different conditions with a lot of text fields of which only 2 ever gets shown on the form. Is there any way to include only these 2 text fields on the submission form? At the moment they are all included in the PDF which makes it very messy and long. (It is all the "Total due" and "Minimum amount due by 24 January" fields. They are dependent on the answers at "Country of Postal Address", "Country of Courier Address", "Country of Exam Centre" and "Number of modules")
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 02, 2013 at 04:00 PM
To hide empty fields on email alerts please follow the steps below:
1. Click on "Setup & Embed"
2. Click on "Preferences" at the toolbar
3. Under "Advanced Settings" tab enable the "Hide Empty Fields on Emails"
Note: Please make sure you do not customize the email alerts. This means you must setup the email notification the way you normally do and do not add nor touch anything. The reason is that this fucntion will work only on generic email alerts, not custom ones
Let us know if further help is needed
- CecilevdMAnswered on December 02, 2013 at 06:01 PM
Hi. I tried this, but it doesn't work. It is text fields that I want to hide, but only certain text fields. They all have hide/show conditions on them, so I only want them to appear on the PDF if the "show" condition is met. Is there a way to achieve this?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 02, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Actually that feature is not present in our form. The only option is by making the Hide empty fields enabled in the email alert, so if the field is filled, the PDF will show the question/answer