- markashtonAsked on December 03, 2013 at 04:38 PM
So... the launch of the widget thing yeah.
I create a blank form ...
I add the Take Photo widget ...
In 5 seconds I spot the following ....
1) The Wizard doesn't work
2) The grammar of the interface: Allow to use your camera using button above is unclear and poor English. What does this mean .. What button?
3) Here's my form: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/33366004254952
That's as far as I get... nothing happens... it does absolutely nothing ...
Am I missing something?
Also where's the demo ... that is missing in ur widget more info bit.
I note this has been used 346 times and got 5 stars?
How? Not by users in the field I'll wager
Thanks Regards Mark
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 04, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Thanks for your feedback. I have raised your comments and suggestions to our higher ups so that it will be assigned to that widget developer. I'm sure you will be updated here soon.
1. I'm not sure if this is designed this way, but everything is on the property toolbar FYI unless there's an additional parameter needs to set for that widget except the default ones like width/height. I have added this on the report.
2. LOL! I'm sure the developer will correct that soon. :)
3. The "takephoto" widget works just fine on your form. Note that you have to accept the browsers message when it tries to access your camera.
The problem here is that the capture button is not shown on the camera section which is probably due to a short iframe width. I think this needs to be responsive. I have also added this on the report.
The demo should now be available. http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/take_photo
- markashtonAnswered on December 04, 2013 at 04:10 AM
I don't have a camera on my computer ... that's why it isn't prompting me ;-)
Look ... a camera on a computer is about as useful as a toilet without plumbing!
Let's move to the real use case .... can someone test this on a smartphone ... it doesn't work on these either ... and they certainly have cameras.
Would you be most kind as to test this widget in the following way ....
1) Create test form to dimensions 320px width
2) Add Take Photo widget and adjust to 300px width so it fits
3) Try this form on an Android OS 4 and above... and Iphone iOS6 and above.
If we can get it working on these ... then we have a great tool.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 04, 2013 at 04:59 AM
I guess the ideal solution is for the form to be smart and if the browser does not support flash (mobile) then it should instead show an upload picture button instead.
- markashtonAnswered on December 04, 2013 at 05:08 AM
Flash is being deprecated anyway isn't it ... so some "smart" thing is vital for adoption of its use by developers like me.
I want to use this ... but exclusively for Smartphones.
Computer's don't have cameras !
Tablets ... they do ... but the real use case is smartphones ... you can see that yeah?
So .... it needs to handle rotation EXIF data ... or all photos will be on their side ... use case diminished/ sorely compromised
However, this is a great opportunity to integrate with filepicker ... don't freak out ... just take a look at this thread I made ...
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 04, 2013 at 08:49 AM
Thanks for your input. As a first step we are implementing a solution to just turn it into a regular upload field for smartphones. So that we can get this working first ASAP.
Looking at the EXIF data to rotate pictures and having a better picture taker for smartphones would be our next step.
- markashtonAnswered on December 04, 2013 at 09:21 AM
Ok ... that sounds great. The upload field should directly address the camera roll/ taking a photo function.
I'm ready to test when ready.
I remember this article ... please give it a quick read ... http://blog.pamelafox.org/2012/10/using-transloadit-with-bootstrap.html
It addresses the exact job required for this widget.
Let's get the best we can get yeah?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 04, 2013 at 11:11 AM
The transloadit photo upload UI is really nice. We will do our best.
- markashtonAnswered on December 04, 2013 at 12:12 PM
That sounds great .. let me know when done ... I'm excited to test it and feedback
- 3id2plusAnswered on June 21, 2014 at 01:31 PM
i did understood that take photo was working on mobile device. But, on my form (here: http://3id2plus.com/form3/), with a samsung note, it's not working, widget area doesn't appear.
Is it because the mobile device (missing App?, configuration?) or becaus a bad forming from my part?
Or... may i do a special form for mobile device, and sow... ¿how can i do taht?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on June 21, 2014 at 04:38 PM
Hi, I have created a new separate post regarding your question here
Please refer to that thread for our updated response.