- suzannegAsked on June 14, 2011 at 11:38 AM
I noticed that I was not receiving auto responder emails to email@example.com. I tried to do a Test email to
firstname.lastname@example.org and I did receive that email.
I tried to do a test on the same form to email@example.com and I didn't receive an email. I am also having trouble receiving at another yahoo.com address.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 14, 2011 at 09:41 PM
Looking up the site http://www.snet.net redirects me to http://att.my.yahoo.com/ which is a Yahoo-powered website. Yahoo has a very sensitive, if not overly sensitive spam mail filter because Yahoo users are the most targetted victims of phishing, spam and the likes. Your autoresponder mails are most likely in the Spam/Junk/Bulk mail folders of your Yahoo Mail account.
The mails were successfully sent, judging from these messages from our mail server logs:
Jun 13 12:36:23 yang sm-mta: p5DGaKHV024482: to=, delay=00:00:03, xdelay=00:00:03, mailer=esmtp, pri=123930, relay=snetmx1.prodigy.net. [18.104.22.168], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (p5DGaLAv005131 Message accepted for delivery)
Jun 14 11:46:54 monk sm-mta: p5EFkpnG031347: to=, delay=00:00:03, xdelay=00:00:03, mailer=esmtp, pri=124196, relay=snetmx3.prodigy.net. [22.214.171.124], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent (p5EFkqmg015888 Message accepted for delivery)
We apologize for this inconvenience but there are unscrupulous individuals who use Jotform for illegal purposes, and that is the reason why some free webmail providers, such as yahoo, filters email messages coming from our servers as spam.
To make sure your visitors do not miss autoresponder emails, add a notice on your Thank You page or message saying that they should check their Spam or Bulk mail folders for the autoresponder mails.
Hope I was able to shed some light into this matter. Let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with.
- suzannegAnswered on June 15, 2011 at 07:01 AM
Thanks Neil, but I had already checked my spam folder and no emails. I am not receiving the emails at all to these yahoo addresses. I actually did a mail search for the subject and found nothing. Is there anyone else using Yahoo that has this issue? It is critical that our buyers receive receipt of their registration.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 15, 2011 at 09:24 AM
I would like to ask you a few questions:
1. Do you login to your snet.net email account using mail.yahoo.com?
2. Are you using email client programs such as Eudora, MS Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.?
Suggestion: Can you try using the sender of the email as firstname.lastname@example.org and see how it goes?
So far I have an email address from xtra.co.nz which is powered by yahoo and so far I don't have any problems receiving email alerts from jotform, even if the real sender (email@example.com) is being masked by the form submitter's email address.
Will wait for your response.
- suzannegAnswered on June 15, 2011 at 09:54 AM
1. I do login using mail.yahoo.com.
2. I am not using other email programs, I use yahoo mail.
3. I tried changing the sender of the email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It made no difference and masks it with my own email anyway. I did try to test to one of my other yahoo email sub accounts and that works, it's just my main email that doesn't.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 15, 2011 at 10:23 AM
Thanks for the information, Suzanne.
So it seems that this happens when you're trying to make a test mail attempt, and not an actual submission, am I correct?
It may be possible that this is because snet.net requires SMTP authentication for the email address to be used as sender. At the moment, JotForm does not have this feature so what it does right now is it simply masks the email address instead.
But to be sure with my theory, I have made a test submission using on your contact us form. Please let me know if you have received it an email to your snet.net email address.