- reidAsked on June 15, 2011 at 01:16 PM
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on June 15, 2011 at 01:59 PM
Thanks for asking. Here's how:
1. Load the form in question into the form builder
2. For each field that you must have completed before the form is submitted, click the field and the click the Required button in the toolbar
3. Save the form
Now whenever that form loads, users will see a red asterisk next to each field that must be completed before submission. If a user attempts to submit the form with one or more such fields not completed, a warning will show up next to the submit button stating: "There are incomplete required fields. Please complete them." and each required field will be clearly highlighted with a pink background and a message stating: "This field is required."
Each warning can be edited via the Preferences: Setup & Embed > Preferences > Advanced Settings > Edit Form Warnings
Should you need assistance with any thing else related to your form(s), please don't hesitate to ask.
- AleksOHAnswered on April 19, 2012 at 06:57 AM
Can we dissable the red message and backgroud? I like to highlite only with red border. Is it possible?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on April 19, 2012 at 09:04 AM
- AleksOHAnswered on April 20, 2012 at 03:22 AM
Yep, done and working, but can you help me with this one. When you click on the required textfield and then go to another required text field without filling, the color of the fonts are changing. Check out this link: http://www.vpacreative.com/contact-us.html
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 20, 2012 at 03:45 AM
To correct that, add the following declaration (highlighted in red) to your .form-line-error rule:
background: none repeat scroll 0 0;
If you need further assistance with anything, please let us know.
- AleksOHAnswered on April 20, 2012 at 03:51 AM
Great. Thanks a lot.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 20, 2012 at 03:52 AM
No problem :)