- PeteAsked on June 15, 2011 at 08:15 PM
Can I pass an invoice number to authorize.net using the unique ID field if so how?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 16, 2011 at 03:55 PM
To my knowledge, it is not possible to do so. A unique ID field is sent to our servers separate from the payment field data which are sent to Authorize.Net using their API. There is no way to have that field passed as an invoice number to Authorize.Net because the payment field is handled by codes that are different from the rest of the form.
This would be a good addition to our features though, so I am adding this to the feature requests list. However, please be advised that we cannot guarantee if or when a requested feature will be implemented. Currently, our development team has a lot of things going on. I don't think this will be implemented or even approved anytime soon. We will notify you in case there is an update to this ticket.
- welswebAnswered on March 09, 2012 at 03:59 PM
I am in favor of this feature request. Please consider since companies create more than one form or product, and this is the only way to distinguish between the transactions on the Authorize.net site. Thank you!
- ninjas4christAnswered on April 16, 2012 at 02:47 PM
Yes! This would be huge! Our accounting team needs to distinguish what event is being paid for.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on April 16, 2012 at 06:02 PM
Thank you for supporting this, your feedback is important for us.
We will update this thread once the feature will be implemented.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on May 14, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I am happy to inform you that it is now possible to send an invoice number to Authorize.Net for your form transactions using either a hidden box or a unique ID field.
To do this:
1. Add a Hidden Box or Unique ID field to your form
2. Select your payment field, right click on it, then choose Show Properties
3. Choose a field whose value will be used as the invoice number for purchases made using your form
4. Save your form afterwards
Please let us know if you need further assistance, or if you have any feedback regarding this newly implemented feature.