- mdyhsAsked on December 12, 2013 at 12:57 PM
In our form, there is a file upload button. The users want to upoad files with the extension DWD, for Davka Word file. (It's a Hebrew document creator.) But the system won't upload those files.
Is this a known issue? It only lets us upload known file extensions? Why?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 12, 2013 at 02:34 PM
May I suggest you try using a wild character instead like asterisks(*), this will ensure that the file type/extension allowed will not be confined to any extension type.
Please try this and inform us if issue remains after.
- mdyhsAnswered on December 12, 2013 at 03:14 PM
I'm able to see it in the Explorer window and select the file for upload. But all it does is close the window and then nothing more. It does not successfully upload it.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 12, 2013 at 03:41 PM
Is this the form http://jotform.us/form/31114482452143 you are referring to?
I checked this form and noticed the ff:
1. The upload field is not set as *Required -- meaning, the form can be submitted without uploading any file.
2. The allowed file type extensions are the defaults
Since you wanted to upload a file type DWD, the current settings will not be able to upload such type.
Please try making the field required and change the file extensions type to asterisks(*)
Inform us if the issue persist.
- mdyhsAnswered on December 12, 2013 at 03:49 PM
Great! Fixed. Thanks!