- clearskyreportAsked on December 12, 2013 at 09:28 PM
Greetings- I want customers to pay on my site first before having access to the JotForm. Once they pay on my site, what's the best way to deliver the form to them? Also, once they've completed the form, can they just email it back to me?
Please advise and have a great day!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 13, 2013 at 04:07 AM
About the payment, are you going to use a payment form from Jotform? If yes, that's doable. You have to create two separate forms for that in the form builder, 1 payment form and 1 main form.
In order for the main form to be shared to the users who have successfully made the payments, simply create an autoresponder on your payment form and place the main form URL there. So when the user successfully paid the item, the user will be able to received an autoresponder email with the main form URL. Clicking it would direct them to the main form URL to fill in.
Here's how to create autoresponder. http://www.jotform.com/help/26-Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder
Let us know if you have further questions or if you have difficulties applying this solution.
- clearskyreportAnswered on December 20, 2013 at 01:10 PMThank you. I set up the payment form and auto-responder per your
A few quick questions of you will. First, is there a nicer background
option for the form once the buyer has recd it? Once they click on the
link I send them, it looks pretty bare-bones with no background image at
Second, how can I make sure the "total" tabs are working on the form? I
have several of them set up so the buyer can total their scores after
each entry. I guess they can manually enter the totals in the checklist
but I think there's an auto-calculation method.
Last and most importantly, how do I test all the systems to make sure
everything is working properly? The auto -responder seems to work fine
but I'm not sure about the Pay Pal payment option.
Thank you and have an enjoyable and safe Holiday!
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 20, 2013 at 03:06 PM
You're welcome! :)
1. If you mean the autoresponder email, yes, you can customize it in any way you want. You can use the formatting toolbar above or you can modify it's HTML source code by clicking the HTML icon to add advanced custom styles.
2. If you're talking about this form (http://www.jotform.us/form/33396678296170), unfortunately you can't do the calculation with checklist widgets. It is impossible to make calculations with any of the widget tools since they're not supported, and they're loaded in iframe. I hate to say this, but the only option you had is to ask the user to tally their selected list on the provided total text box.
3. You can make actual submissions with your form. If you'd like to test the PayPal payment live, you can setup a product on your Paypal field with $0.01 price and make an actual payment to test. Or, if you don't like to test it live and would prefer to test it on Paypal's sandbox mode, that's possible. Just right click your Paypal payment field, Show Properties then Enable Sandbox.
Contact us again should you have further questions but we'd prefer if you could separate each non-related questions to a separate thread to avoid any confusions.
Thank you so much and have a happy holidays! =)