- felishagriceAsked on December 12, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I've created a sales order form for my photography site. I need a way to automatically calculate and add sales tax before customers submit the form for payment.
Is there a way to achieve this?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 13, 2013 at 05:15 AM
Sorry but we do not have sales tax or tax feature available in the payment tools. If you're using paypal, you can setup a tax within your paypal account so it will be automatically added on your paypal checkout page when user submits the form. Please check this guide: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/shipping/EasyCalculateShipAndTax-outside
Another workaround is to create a separate product in your payment field and name it "Sales Tax", add a price and mark it as required by default so users will be obliged to pay.
- TSellersAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 04:59 AM
But any sort of tax is a percentage. Is the '10' in the example 10%?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Yes, it is a percentage. Sorry about the confusion. We will fix that.
- TSellersAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM
That's good, I'll give it a try myself then. When I looked at the date I was somewhat suprised no-one else had asked about that previously.
- cheekyfaceAnswered on April 07, 2014 at 01:25 AM
If the 10 in the example is a percentage can someone please explain how to set it up? All I can seem to do is to add a fixed price.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 07, 2014 at 07:02 AM
It is currently not possible add a tax component / percentage in our payment tools. As my colleague have already mentioned above that only option currently available is to setup tax within your PayPal account. The following guide should help you: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/shipping/EasyCalculateShipAndTax-outside
- cheekyfaceAnswered on April 07, 2014 at 06:34 PM
So is the above example an error?
- TSellersAnswered on April 07, 2014 at 07:08 PM
FWIW, I never did try the example, so perhaps it is in error.
- CesarAnswered on April 07, 2014 at 11:42 PM
I believe they refer to the example image above, a ticket to add the percentage to the field has already been created.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on April 11, 2014 at 04:31 AM
I'd like to inform you that it is now possible to add a sales tax to your Paypal/Purchase Order form.
You can also specify tax-exempted products and even enable location-based tax surcharges.
Kindly give it a try and let us know what you think.