- AgnesAsked on December 18, 2013 at 03:33 AM
I guess I made amistake with my tell a friend form, becuse the given friends did't recive any email when I test it. What could be the problem?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Create a Custom Send a Friend Form
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 18, 2013 at 06:10 AM
You're lacking an autoresponder email with the friend's email set as the recipient. Please check this guide to learn how to create autoresponder email. It's pretty easy: http://www.jotform.com/help/26-Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder
If you have further questions about this, let us know here. Thanks!
- bigcupbraAnswered on December 18, 2013 at 06:25 AMHello EltonCris,
Thanks for the fast answer. I made everything after this guide, well I was
able to. :(
I would like to prepare a form where the visitor can give names and emails
of his 10 friend. May this guide works for only one friend?
I may have to chose somehow the the given friends email addresses at point
5? I only could choose one...
Thanks in advance!
nagy mellekre tervezve
l Melltartbr/>metek *
2013/12/18 JotForm Support Forum
- EliezerNAnswered on December 18, 2013 at 09:16 AM
The guide suggested by my colleague will work also for the ten friends of the person who submits the form. You can send the same autoresponder to your form submitter his ten friends at the same time without creating multiple Autoresponder email. You will need to create conditional logics to achieve what you need.
To accomplish that, first follow all the steps of the guide suggested by my colleague. Then proceed to create the conditions following this method: How to send to a specific email address based on a selection?
These are the steps for your particular project:
1. When creating the Autoresponder go to the Compose Email and copy the variables of the ten email fields of your form including the email of the form submitter. In my example I added four email fields.
2 When finished the Autoresponder go to the Condition wizard and choose Send an email after submissions.
3. Then Create this condition: IF Your email (form submitter's email) Is Filled, Then send Your Autoresponder email to and paste the email fields variables inthe textbox.
4. Finally save the condition and your form and test it.
I hope this helps. Please inform us if you need further assistance with this or kindly open a new thread to post unrelated inquiries.