- BBIEAsked on December 18, 2013 at 09:52 AM
I recently discovered the possibility to work with all conditions related to a specific field. When I developed our complex forms about 2 years ago, I was dreaming of such a functino but it did not exist (or I did not find it...)
Now I am changing some functionality on an old form (I make a clone of it to be sure...) and I have some problems with the update of conditions (I use the condition bottom at the right of each field).
First, I tried to remove an action. Everything ok, but I could not save the condition. Clicking on save appearantly does not do anything.
I quit the command and call it again. I see then that the same condition is present 3 times (see attachment). I delete one, and all 3 disappear...
Making a new clone (so... restarting the whole job), I see that the condition is already present 3 times (even without changing anything).
I checked the normal button for conditions (above the screen) and the condition is present only 1 time. Is there some bug in the presentation of the conditions related to a specified field?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on December 18, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I have cloned your form to examine it closely.
1. "...First, I tried to remove an action. Everything ok, but I could not save the condition. Clicking on save appearantly does not do anything...."
I was not able to reproduce this issue; I presume it generally implies that you cannot edit certain saved conditions... right?
What is the condition number (shown below) on the form that gave you this challenge? I would like to perform specified tests...
2. "...I quit the command and call it again. I see then that the same condition is present 3 times (see attachment). I delete one, and all 3 disappear..."
I was able to reproduce this issue, and I have raised a ticket about it.
This thread will be updated upon a resolution of the issue.
- BBIEAnswered on December 19, 2013 at 02:06 AM
The most important issue is the fact that a condition is shown 3 times (even if it does only exist once).
This is why, deleting it, it completely disappears.
The other issues could be linked to performance problems or even a slow connection from my side. It is not so relevant, but I tried to give you the most complete possible information. If you could not reproduce it, that means there is no bug on that point. It was also the first time this happened to me, and I am a rather heavy user of your products.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on December 19, 2013 at 05:35 AM
The issue was already escalated to our development team. We will notify you immediately in case we receive an update.
- JotForm SupportsteveAnswered on September 19, 2014 at 07:43 PM
I just tested this and couldn't reproduce the error of the condition being listed twice. Please let us know if you still encounter the issue.