- berkshirespeechAsked on December 18, 2013 at 09:57 PM
I want to show the numerical results of surveys right on the form. For example, if I have a long list of check boxes, I want a calculated field that shows how many boxes are checked. Or if I have a matrix with a likert scale, I want to be able to total the results in a calculated field. Or if I have a lot of yes/no questions, I want to know the total of the "yes" responses.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 19, 2013 at 06:38 AM
Our calculation feature would calculate values coming from your form fields. It does not count the number of already selected items.
1. Click on the field you want to "show" the total calculation, click "Settings" icon.
2. Find and Click "Calculate Fields" button
3. This will open up the calculation wizard, just simply click on each "form fields" at the right side. So, if you want to add form field number entries, just simple make it so
You should surround the formula using square brackets. You can also add texts before or after the formula. See screenshot:
One more thing to note, the calculation function would only work with the following fields with Numeric Inputs:
1. Radio Button
5. Text Area
If you require further assistance, please let us know.