- D_J_SAsked on December 21, 2013 at 05:42 AM
I recently changed my forms to "secure" when i installed an SSL certificate on my website. Therefore my thank you page / changed from http tp https. Now my thank you page / order complete page is unreachable after payment is made with paypal. How can I change my return url address in jotform to reflect that the page is now https and not http?
- D_J_SAnswered on December 21, 2013 at 05:55 AM
I wanted to add that I have already changed the address on the "thank You" (smiley face) but this has not solved the problem.
- CesarAnswered on December 21, 2013 at 11:33 AM
The PayPal Auto Return setting may override the setting on the form. Kindly verify if there is any URL listed under that setting on your PayPal Account. In any case, you can also try adding your url:
So that paypal redirects to that page, after payment is complete, thru end.
Do let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.
Paypal Auto Return Overview
- D_J_SAnswered on December 21, 2013 at 01:14 PM
Thanks for you response. I have verified that the address is correct on PayPal. They claim it must be an issue on the form end. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks
- D_J_SAnswered on December 21, 2013 at 02:56 PMThanks for your response. I have verified that the address is correct on
PayPal. They claim it must be an issue on the form end. Any ideas would
be welcome. Thanks
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on December 21, 2013 at 09:25 PM
I am not sure if you changed the embed code of the form to SSL. To do that
1. Click "Setup & Embed" > "Embed Form" buttons
2. Check the "Secure Form" box in the Form Embed Wizard
And grab your preferred Form Embed Method.