- mdevaneAsked on December 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM
not sure if this is the right function, but I simply want to "re-use" data inputs from beginning of a long form at the end. e.g. - Applicant enters their legal name at top of page 1. I want to use that information to fill into a legal authorization at end of form.
I do not need options to "uncheck" and 2nd set of copied fields would be "read-only" so that they cannot be modified by form user, unless they go back to first page and change the field content there. Avoids inadvertent modifications to same Legal Name.
How would I do this function?
This is a re-post of a comment on Form Users Can Easily Copy The Content Between Fields
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 22, 2013 at 04:21 AM
I think this is possible with our calculation feature. Unfortunately, you would need to use the supported fields in order to achieve this with calculation feature. Example: Text Box field
Here's an example form: http://www.jotform.co/form/33551491866866.
Here's how you can do this with the said function:
1. Click on the field you want to "show" the input from another field, click "Settings" icon.
2. Find and Click "Calculate Fields" button
3. This will open up the calculation wizard, just simply click on each "form fields" at the right side. So, if you want to show the field input, just do it this way:
Basically, put in the form field name. If you want to set field as read-only, you can do so by checking the "Read-Only" checkbox.
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- diagnosAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 05:18 PM
Is thgere any way to make the resulting text a parragraph instead of a text box?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on April 03, 2014 at 09:22 PM
I believe this can be done but not with any tools in the form builder. You would have to get a copy of the form's full source and paste it into a web page along with a script. The script would populate a paragraph which would be visible on the form. That script would also copy the paragraph to a hidden textarea whose contents would appear in email notifications and auto-responses.
Let me work on something and get back to you.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on June 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
This is a very old thread. I have moved your question to a new thread and answered you there. Please check the thread here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/395161