- bikemanAsked on June 21, 2011 at 06:16 AM
It doesn't seem to be possible to set the senders address to my business name and email?
This seems to be somewhat of an omission. Can we have freeeform editing of the senders details?
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 21, 2011 at 07:22 AM
Thank you for posting your concern.
There is no omission on this part. You can freely modify the sender's name and email address to your own preference for your email notifications and autoresponders.
To do this, you need to edit your form and do the following steps:
1. Under Setup and Embed tab, click Email Alerts
2. Select the Email Alert that you wish to edit.
3. A Compose Email window will show up, Click on "Reply-to and Recipient Settings" button on the lower right.
4. The "from" field consists of two elements: Sender Name and Sender E-mail:
5. After making the changes click Finish and save your form.
Let us know if you need further clarification regarding this or if you have other questions or concerns.
- bikemanAnswered on June 21, 2011 at 08:25 AM
The answer is not correct. Those two fields are drop down selection menus whcih let me select only one of the form fields ie for senders name i can only use first name or last name (not both!). Ther eis no freetext editing and so I cannot edit either of them to my own business name and email.
ps when editing this reply there is no acknowledgement of the edit submission and I have to use the browsers back button and then refresh.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 21, 2011 at 09:37 AM
I apologize for my response.
If you wish to use your own name and company for email notifications going to your email, I would suggest that you add two hidden fields and label them as your company name and company e-mail address. Then you can use these as your sender name and sender e-mail in your e-mail notifications configuration.
I have looked inside your form and here are the options that I saw this list of options for the sender name:
The Sender Name and Sender E-mail fields only accepts a single field each. I'm not sure if you have edited your form very recently but the Full Name field consists of the first name and last name so this covers your concern about not being able to use a first name and last name.
If you wish to use your e-mail alerts to send replies to the form user, you need to add an autoresponder. This one has the field that you can manually type in the sender information (name and e-mail).
You can learn more about form e-mails such as setting email notifications and email auto responders on this link.
As for your 2nd issue, please create a new post for it as it is a different issue and no longer relevant to this forum post.