- stephencoverdaleAsked on December 28, 2013 at 02:06 AM
I am trying to integrate Jotform to Mailchimp. But Mailchimp supports date in MMDD or DDMM format as against Jotform that supports date in MMDDYYYY or YYYYMMDD etc. So I could not match up the date field between two platforms. Please suggest a work around.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 28, 2013 at 03:52 AM
I checked Mailchimp's date field, and it has the same date format with Jotform. Sorry but I can't find the format you mentioned (MMDD or DDMM). With this, I am able to mapped the two date fields.
Please try it again with the following setup as seen on the screen. Hope it would work this time.
- stephencoverdaleAnswered on December 28, 2013 at 04:27 AM
Thanks Elton. Somehow it was not showing me the same format and when I inserted another date field, it showed the correct format. Please review below:
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 28, 2013 at 04:47 AM
Yes, that's right. I think recreating the date field might help. Can you mapped the new date field to your Jotform form? Please re-integrate your form with MailChimp with the new date field, that should work.
Inform us here if you still have difficulties. Thanks!
- stephencoverdaleAnswered on December 28, 2013 at 04:57 AM
Yes, That worked perfect. Seems all set now. Thanks for all your help.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 28, 2013 at 05:15 AM
You're welcome. Cheers! :)
- stephencoverdaleAnswered on December 30, 2013 at 05:29 AM
I am in another trouble now. I could see that the form submissions are not being passed into Mailchimp. It passed the old records but new sign ups are not being added.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on December 30, 2013 at 07:02 AM
Which form are you referring to, is it the same form? Have you tried re-integrating your form to MailChimp? Kindly provide more details so we can check your form further.
I can't seem to reproduce the problem here. Thank you!
- stephencoverdaleAnswered on December 30, 2013 at 07:45 AM
Elton, yes it is the same form. I re-integrated it to Mailchimp and everything works good. The old contacts are added to Mailchimp but new contacts are not being added to Mailchimp. I have matched the fields as well but still the contacts are not getting added to Mailchimp.
- EliezerNAnswered on December 30, 2013 at 08:50 AM
Thanks for providing the information.
In order to see if I was able to reproduce the issue I cloned your form and built the integration, but I was not able to reproduce the issue. So, could you please try cloning your form and then build the integration, that could help. Here is how to clone your form: Form cloning
If the issue still persists with the cloned form, do not hesitate to contact us.
- stephencoverdaleAnswered on December 31, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Thanks Eliezer, I cloned the form at http://form.jotformpro.com/form/33640353486961? but it did not help. Just to cross check, do I need to match all the fields? As of now, I am matching only those fields that I really need in Mailchimp.
- stephencoverdaleAnswered on December 31, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Ah I got it. I was just testing with same email ID and so it was not being added. Thanks for all your help.