- pattywrighttravelagencycomAsked on December 30, 2013 at 02:02 PM
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 30, 2013 at 03:12 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
We support different languages, so here are some options:
1. Simply use Spanish while editing your form.
2. Change the site language to Español, so that the new form fields will be in Spanish.
3. Alternatively, use our new Multilingual Forms option. With this option, you can have a language dropdown on the live form.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.
- pattywrighttravelagencycomAnswered on December 30, 2013 at 03:26 PMIs there someone I can call or call me at 714-281-3636 to walk me through
this. I am not doing something correctly? Thanks
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on December 30, 2013 at 04:54 PM
We do not offer support over the phone, but we will be happy to help you over this Support Forum.
Do you need help with some specific form?
- pattywrighttravelagencycomAnswered on December 30, 2013 at 06:15 PM
Yes. I have a request for quote form that I need one in English and one in
Spanish. The forms will be posted on a website for the users. I added the
"Espanol" flag to the form but when I click on Spanish it doesn't
translate. The link for my form is below. If a clients submit a form in
Spanish I also need to be able to translate it back to English for me.
I checked your form, but it seems you didn't translate the English text to Spanish manually. Note that Jotform does not generate translation on every text of your form. You have to manually enter the corresponding translation for each of the text labels on the provided box. Check the following screen to learn how:
Hope this clarifies a bit. Thanks!