- SWANROSEAsked on June 24, 2010 at 01:31 AMI have set up thank page urls and these work fine if the buyer clicks on RETURN TO SITE in Paypal. However if they just close down then they don't get re-directed. I looked in the Paypal Merchant account for 'saved buttons' where it is also possible to specify a return url. However the buttons on my JotForm created forms don't appear. This is the page where my forms are: http://www.lancshumanism.org.uk/join.html There are two forms there: one is a DONATE the other is a dropdown single item multiple choice. Neither appear as 'saved buttons' in PayPal.Hope you can help. cheers david
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 24, 2010 at 07:56 AMWe already use the return URL and that sets the "Return to Site" link on the Paypal site. So, if you set a Thank You URL for your form, the user will be redirected to that page after completing the payment and clicking to Return to Site link.
Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about people who close the browser.
- SWANROSEAnswered on June 24, 2010 at 09:35 AMThanks for that - I guessed that might be the reply. However, have you any ideas why the buttons created in JotForm don't show up within PayPal's "My Saved Buttons"?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 24, 2010 at 10:00 AMI don't think you can add a JotForm form or button to "My Saved Buttons" page.
- SWANROSEAnswered on June 25, 2010 at 02:28 AMJust checked on my own Paypal site and I can see all the buttons from my JotForm forms . I can send you a screen grab if you let me know how to send it to you (can't seem to attach to this forum post)
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 28, 2010 at 10:11 AMPlease send it to jotform at jotform.com. Thanks.