- Nikola KasicAsked on January 02, 2014 at 04:02 AM
I would like to create the form that potential clients will fill, print out, sign and stamp and send to us (the procedure is such for legal reasons, we cannot accept electronic forms). Each such entry (record) will get serial ID which will be printed on the form (hard copy). When we receive signed form (hard copy), we plan to find such record in a database by using record (serial) ID and import it's data into our production database. The records for which we will not receive paper forms will be cyclicaly erased (e.g. test entries, mistakenly filled data, spam etc.)
The form also needs to be dynamical (some additional fields need to appear depending on some choices e.g. if user chose that he has driving licence, new fields to tick categories appear, if he has no driving licence such fields don't appear).
Which of those features can be achieved using jotform and by using which modules/plugins?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 02, 2014 at 07:20 AM
I think that's possible with Jotform.
1. In order for the users to print the filled form, just enable "Print Button" on your form. Here's how:
2. Since you do not wish to accept online submissions, simply removed the submit button on your form by injecting custom CSS codes to your form. You can use the following CSS codes.
3. Unfortunately, we do not have plugin/widgets that generates random codes for serial numbers you mentioned. However, if you're OK with using your form source code we can provide you a script that would help achieved this function.
4. Hide/Show field conditions is possible. Guide: http://www.jotform.me/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
If you have further questions or if you need further assistance, feel free to let us know here. Regards!
- nkasicAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 03:14 AM
I decided to give it a go and solve issues one by one as I reach them.
If I get stuck, I'll post the questions separately.
- JotForm Supportardy0689Answered on January 03, 2014 at 09:15 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you are welcome, please do not hesitate to get back to us if you needed further help on it. Thank you