- d2dancewearAsked on January 02, 2014 at 05:21 PM
ive added mailchimp intergration with my form but i want to add the option for people not to join the list.
ie using a check box yes or no as seen on the form below.
how do i make that checkbox work with mailchimp
- JotForm Supportardy0689Answered on January 02, 2014 at 07:14 PM
Hello, thank you for contacting us in this forum. Did you mean you want some sort of control whether you let users to activate the mailchimp integration or not(not to join)?
Is that what you are trying to do? Unfortunately, once you integrate or use the Mailchimp Integration on your form, it is passively turned on. Only way to turn it off is to remove the integration completely.
However, I believe that Mailchimp by default, usually sends email confirmation whether they want to be subscribed or not. If they have not proceeded with this email confirmation, they will not be automatically added to your list.
Sample Mailchimp Email confirmation when the form submits with Mailchimp Integration:
However, if this is not the one you are trying to accomplish, please do not hesitate to correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.
- dsmartdesignAnswered on January 05, 2014 at 04:42 PM
I also needed this answer, but I figured it out myself.
What I did was:
1. Added an extra (required) name and email field under the subscribe checkbox.
2. Added a condition so that those extra fields will only be displayed if if subscription box is checked.
3. Set the mailchimp integration to pull the name and email values from the extra fields set earlier.
Since the condition is set, the extra fields will only be required if the subscribe box is checked.
You can check out my form here
I hope this works for you.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 05, 2014 at 07:51 PM
Hi, I also suggest checking out dsmartdesign suggestion.
You are free to decide which solution works for you also.
Contact us again anytime for any assistance needed.