- SaltmarshAsked on January 03, 2014 at 10:30 AM
When you have conditional fields and they are unused - the space they would need is left open on the webpage at the bottom, and leaves an unprofessional look. Is there a way to fix this?
- EliezerNAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Do you already try using the iFrame code to embed the form? It will automatically adjust the height of the form according to the fields it contains. Here is how to get the iFrame code: Getting the form iFrame code
Please inform us if you need further assistance.
- SaltmarshAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 11:41 AMI was not, but it still does not work.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 01:21 PM
Sorry to hear that. Can you try our WP Embed Plugin: Embed Form Plugin for Wordpress. This should fix it. If not, inform us here.
- SaltmarshAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 01:29 PMThat is not working either. See our site here -
- EliezerNAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 03:22 PM
Thanks for getting back to us.
Please try reembeding your form using iFrame again, but at this time change the height of the frime to "auto". So, please use this iframe code:
<strong>auto</strong></span>; border:none;" scrolling="no">
It is already elaborated, so all you need to do is to embed it.
I hope that helps. Please inform us if you still need assistance with this.
- EliezerNAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 03:25 PM
Please accept my apologies, it seems the code of my previous message was not the correct one, please use this one:
<iframe id="JotFormIFrame" onload="window.parent.scrollTo(0,0)" allowtransparency="true" src="//www.jotform.us/form/30157024192142" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:auto; border:none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>
- SaltmarshAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 03:29 PMStill no luck
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 04:40 PM
Iframe creates a static height so everytime the form length changes, it won't auto adjust your page height.
The default script embed code should supposed to do that, but if not, then there might conflict with CSS or something that prevents it from changing the page height dynamically.
May I suggest you to try to embed the form using the entire source code, see if this helps.
Please continue to update us if the issue persists, Thanks!
- SaltmarshAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 05:06 PMThat causes it to display poorly - and still does not fix the problem.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 03, 2014 at 10:55 PM
That happens because you have existing form styles on your page that overrides the form styles. Anyway, please retake again your default script embed code and use it for now until this problem is resolved. I have created a ticket about this problem to our development team after reproducing the problem. Hopefully they'd be able to check this further and provide a fix as soon as possible.
You will be updated here for any progress. Thanks!
- SaltmarshAnswered on January 06, 2014 at 07:29 AMThank you for looking into it.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 06, 2014 at 10:25 AM
There's no updates about this as of the moment. Rest assured you will be updated here once this is fixed.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 06, 2014 at 10:32 AM
By the way, can you please confirm if this happens on your Chrome browser only? It seems OK on Firefox browser.
- SaltmarshAnswered on January 06, 2014 at 10:35 AMyou are correct. It works fine in safari. It is just a chrome problem
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 06, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Thanks, we will surely find a way in order to resolve this matter as soon as possible. You will be informed here.
- SaltmarshAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 06:20 PMAny update on this problem?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 07:21 PM
The issue is still under deliberation by our developers, but it has been prioritized.
We shall update you on this thread as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience.
- SaltmarshAnswered on February 20, 2014 at 08:00 AMDo you know what the status is on this issue? It appears it is still not
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 20, 2014 at 08:19 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we haven't heard anything from our developers yet.
- SaltmarshAnswered on February 20, 2014 at 08:30 AMDo you think you could ask them to get a move on? Its almost been two
months since we brought this problem to your attention.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 20, 2014 at 08:50 AM
I will have your message relayed to them. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
- SaltmarshAnswered on March 19, 2014 at 04:00 PMHi,
Just checking in again to see if progress has been made.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 23, 2014 at 02:54 AM
We've made a fix that should address this issue. Please do let us know if the problem still persists on your end.
Thanks for your patience and we apologize for this inconvenience.
- SaltmarshAnswered on March 24, 2014 at 07:50 AMIt is fixed! Thanks!
- SaltmarshAnswered on July 08, 2014 at 08:21 AMHello,
I wrote on the form to try to resolve a new problem, but I have not
received a response in many weeks. My notification emails are not being
sent, so I do not know when my customers are requesting a quote. Can you
please look into this problem, as it has seriously hurt my business over
the last few months.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 21, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Please check your last reply here, I moved it as a new thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/406256.