- gmagsAsked on January 06, 2014 at 08:03 AM
I have a form that collects information from a customer and stores the data in a database upon submission. I have a PayPal button on my form. When the form is submitted, the customer is redirected to PayPal to make a payment.
If the buyer pays with a PayPal account, they are automatically taken back to my Thank You message. The database is updated and I am notified of the transaction.
However, if the buyer pays with the Credit Card option, they are taken to the receipt page where PayPal gives them the chance to print out a receipt. At this point, the buyer must click on the "Return to Merchant" link in order to return to my Custom Thank You URL.
The problem I have is that some customer's either ignore or do not see the "Return to Merchant" link on the PayPal page and simply close the window. Because of this, the customer does not receive the Thank You message, the form data is never added to my database, and I am not notified of the transaction. I do see the submission as an incomplete payment in the Submissions area of my form but clicking on Complete does not add the data to my database.
Is there a way to use PayPal's Auto Return for Website Payments feature to complete the transaction without requiring the customer to click on the "Return to Merchant" link? Is there another option to ensure the customer information is added to the database?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 06, 2014 at 10:51 AM
Please try if this helps.
Try to update your Paypal IPN with the following.
1. Go into your Paypal account, Click on the Profile menu, select My Selling Preferences
2. Midway down the next page is a 'Instant payment notifications' field, click on the Update button to the right of it.
3. Click Choose IPN Settings, Enter http://www.jotform.net/ipns/paypal.php into the Notification URL text box and ensure Receive IPN Message (Enabled) radio button is selected. Click Save.
After that, enable Auto Return on your Paypal, follow this guide: https://www.paypal.com/ph/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/express_return_summary-outside
Hope this helps. Update us here if you have further questions. Thanks!