- shanelleAsked on June 23, 2011 at 04:57 PM
My forms have stopped sending follow up email notifications. Test email sends fine, but emails are not being sent/received once form is submitted by the user.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 23, 2011 at 05:45 PM
We found out that one of our servers is having problem with emails. We have now taken out the server from the production until the problem is resolved. So, you should not see this problem again.
- shanelleAnswered on June 23, 2011 at 06:03 PM
Many thanks - seems to be working fine again. Appreciate the quick response and fix!
- jabert64Answered on June 28, 2011 at 01:09 PM
I was looking at the date of June 23rd on the above posts, but yet I just realized yesterday June 27th, that I had 33 emails setting in the que, and I only got notices on four of them, and not in consecutive order! Thankfully, I was able to download them to Excel. But your problem with the server doesn't seem to be fixed yet! I also upgraded to the paid version this morning, as I realized I had more than 10 submissions a day, and the form was shut off last night until after midnight, then it came back on again. Hopefully that will solve part of the problem. I'm still concerned about not getting all of my recipient emails, though.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 29, 2011 at 03:41 AM
I noticed you have more than one email address set on different forms. Can you please share with us the email address in issue? This way, we can check our logs what and see what happened for every submission.
- jabert64Answered on June 29, 2011 at 08:01 AM
Yes the address is email@example.com for the free 94-page ebook. I have since emptied the queue, but now there are three new ones as of last night, all from the same person. (I think he must be creating a new submission every time he wants to go in and read the book, but I have emailed him with proper instructions.) Still out of these three new ones, I only received an email on the last one at 22:51 PM. I need this to work right, otherwise I might as well get an autoresponder and save myself a lot of work!
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM
I would like to ask:
1. Are you using an email client application such as Thunderbird, Outlook, Eudora, etc.? And have you checked your junk mail folder?
2. If your answer above is yes, have you tried logging in via webmail (checking your email from the website) and checked the junkmail folder there as well?
3. All those 33 emails that you stated came in just on June 27th?
I have checked the email logs and did not find any errors. So it seems that for better receiving your email notifications, it would be best if you could use the default firstname.lastname@example.org as sender and place the email address of the form user somewhere else within the form.
- jabert64Answered on June 30, 2011 at 07:42 AM
I am using Outlook Express, and yes I do check my junk mail (spam) folder every day. I also went into C-panel and checked the web mail there. Spam Assasin was turned on but I also disabled it while I was there.The submissions in question all arrived between 18:09 on the 24th and 10:18 on the 27th, other than the first two of Steve Nolan (out of three) which did not show up, either. Those are still in the queue.
Since I have upgraded to the paid version, and also downloaded the queue, I have not noticed any problems. Submissons since the third Nolan submission have been arriving as they should. But I will be watching it closely, and if there are new problems that show up, I will let you know. I will empty the queue again on Saturday July 2nd to give you time to look at it again.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 30, 2011 at 12:24 PM
Thanks for the information jabert64.
I'm assuming that you have checked the junkmail folder from your web mail as well. So I guess right now we'll just have to wait.
Just in case you experience any problems, just start a new topic and one of us in the support team will respond to your post.