- kittensvikingsAsked on January 09, 2014 at 04:11 AM
I am wondering if it's possible to create a form with picture upload.
When I receive the mail, I'd like to get a pdf with the uploaded pictures integrated. Is it possible?
Currently I just receive a text mail with a download link for the pictures.
Thanks a lot.
- jedcadornaAnswered on January 09, 2014 at 06:59 AM
Yes it is possible here's the steps that you need to take to make this form.
1. Use the "File Upload" or "Multi Upload" field
2. Setup your "Email Alerts" to send your notification attached with a pdf link that has an image.
This is a sample pdf file that has an image attached to it.
If you need further help don't hesitate to ask.
- kittensvikingsAnswered on January 09, 2014 at 07:41 AM
thanks, thats great, but i got 2 further problems.
1. below the picture is now a link, see the attached file. i want just the picture, no link
2. on top is a submission date, i want to delete it
3. below the pictures are two parameters, they are ok for the text version, but i created a second email alert without these 2 parameters.
Can you help me?
- jedcadornaAnswered on January 09, 2014 at 10:07 AM
I'm not sure if you have attached some image or you were referring to my attached screenshot anyways #1 is not possible, #2 It is possible please see the attached image below, #3 I'm not sure what you were referring to. Please follow this guide on how to upload a photo when posting your reply https://www.jotform.com/answers/277033
Submissions date can be removed:
- kittensvikingsAnswered on January 09, 2014 at 10:40 AM
So I guess there is one main problem with all these: The preview in "email alert" looks quite different than the final pdf I receive when i click the link in the email.
I wonder if there is the possibility to edit the pdf, so i can receive the pdf in a way i like.
Here I send you some examples.
See the preview, there is no text at the bottom (it ends with pictures.
and 2nd image is the pdf, there is text after the pictures.
You send me this, but i don't know where i can find it.
I created the email in a way, that NO text comes with the image. I want the form parameter above, and below just images, i tried it like this:
but the pdf is created like this. you can see that there is the description for the image. it's the introduction of the form, but I don't need it in the pdf. even not the grey color on the left.
I really hope that you can help me
- EliezerNAnswered on January 09, 2014 at 12:49 PM
Thanks for the explanation.
Unfortunately there is no way to customize/edit the layout of the PDF file. PDF submission is auto-generated on the server side, there's no way to customize it as of the moment. So, even if you edit the email alert the pdf will show its predefined layout.
The image my brother posted is the submission page of the form. Here is how to get in the Submissions page.
If you do not need the gray background in the pdf file, you can remove it from the PDF, however, that would require you no longer use the PDF Link in email alerts, but to manually download the pdf file from the submission page of the form and use chrome browser. So, it is a workaround suggested by one of our colleagues here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/278139-Can-I-customize-PDF-Export-Layout
I hope this helps. Please iform us if you need further assistance.