- SandraAPSAAsked on January 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I created an online application with a link for teachers to upload a recommendation letter. Can the letter be attached to the students application.?
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on January 10, 2014 at 01:14 PM
You can do that by adding the link to the document into a Text Field
1. Grab the Text field , under Form Tools Menu
2. Double click on it, type any sentence (on screenshot: "Download form here")
3. Highlight the sentence and click on the link icon
4. Paste the link to your document in the Link URL field and click on Insert
And that should be it. Let us know if further help is needed regarding to this
- SandraAPSAAnswered on January 16, 2014 at 07:23 AMWould I have to do this manually or can it be done automatically. I will have over 100 applications with 2 letters of recommendations for each application.
Sandra A. Jeffrey
Americans Promoting Study Abroad (APSA)
Click Donate to support APSA.
"Building Global Communities, One Student at a Time"
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 16, 2014 at 08:57 AM
Yes you would, for the method outlined above.
You can send the filled-student-form to the teachers so that they can upload the files themselves.
The field you created is sufficient to attach the uploaded reccomendation letter from the teachers, all you need is to send them the form update link so that they can upload the reccomendation letter.
To automate the process for incoming applications:
Using the email notification settings and the conditional wizard, you can have the form sent to the referrees so that they can upload their reccomendation letter:
These article might be of some help:
You can hide the whole student section when the teacher is uploading the file using the conditional wizard to hide fields:
Does this help somehow? Please let us know if you hit a bump
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM
Unfortunately, I don't find a way to make that possible. You may consider creating another form instead and enable unique ID to the first form and populate it to the second form so you'll know that the particular submission belongs to
This should work. However, this would also consume a lot of your limits.