- teedartAsked on January 15, 2014 at 03:45 PM
We have a form which involves the ability to add photos and submit them our team. the form does not seem to work. with all required field filled out and the photos only 55-60KB small we get an "Upload Error" message and it expands to include the description "Wrong Login Information."
we have tested this on Safari and Chrome.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 15, 2014 at 04:16 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
This error comes about when your FTP login information does not authenticate.
So the error could be caused by:
1. Incorrect login information
2. Domain name cannot be resolved
3. FTP port unavailable due to server settings, security restrictions (some servers can lock access for five minutes due to suspected activity from recipient IP addresses - called intrusion prevention)
4. FTP server process fails on server side or is not available.
To resolve this:
1. Use IP address rather than domain name in the FTP Host field:
2. Check your login information
Click on test connection.
Please also note that when uploading a lot of files, the FTP transaction may fail due to conflicting keep-alive sync communication.
Please let us know if this helps.
- teedartAnswered on January 15, 2014 at 04:31 PM
Where can I find these settings?
- CesarAnswered on January 15, 2014 at 04:49 PM
The FTP settings can be found in the following location:
Select the form from the Form's Page and click on the Submissions button:
Once on the submissions page, click on the settings icon to the right side of the submissions page. Click Send Uploads to FTP:
For more information kindly take a look at this article:
Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
- CesarAnswered on January 15, 2014 at 06:22 PM
Alternatively to the FTP integration, you can also take advantage of the Google Drive or Dropbox Integration to store your user's uploaded files.
Additional Information Here:
Google Drive App: