Some fields have stopped pulling through into google sheets after changing column headings

  • Profile Image
    acsys
    Asked on January 18, 2014 at 02:14 AM

    Good morning,

     

    Firstly I would like to say that I think your product is excellent and it is all still working on your site so we have not lost any data captured. Secondly, I think it is me that has stopped some functionality working, but would like some help fixing it.

    Some data has stopped pulling through into google sheets. I can still see the data on your site, but not in the sheet on my google drive. There are a bunch of fields that have stopped working.

    The uploaded files are still available in my google drive, so that part of the process is working but the link to the file is no longer visible on the sheet that is linked.

    It is 5 fields only in the sheet that have stopped working

    Is this because I changed the heading in the sheet? Does this stop the mapping working?  

    Assuming it is me that has stopped it working, if I reset the link to google sheeets, will it capture all of the existing forms or just the new ones that come in.

    We are using the sheet to manage our recruitment and i had changed the headings to make the responses more managebale in the form. Is there a way I can change the headings without breaking the mapping links?

    I can see this being a massively useful recruitment tool for us as it creates an ongoing recruitment database as well as solving the problem of finding an employee here and now.

    Thank you in advance for your help. My email address is barnaby.sandow@jis.edu.bn, the account we used to set this up acsys@jis.edu.bn is not a person, acsys stands for academic systems.

     

    best regards,

     

    Barny Sandow

  • Profile Image
    Welvin
    Answered on January 18, 2014 at 11:44 AM

    Hi Barny,

    Unfortunately, changing the spreadsheet headings is not adviseable. That will break the integration. As you could see, you now have it as an issue to your form integration. You would need to re-integrate the form to Google Spreadsheet in order fix that. 

    I would suggest creating another sheet and copy the contents from your form's spreadsheet then make the edit from there so to avoid breaking the integration.

    Thanks

  • Profile Image
    acsys
    Answered on January 18, 2014 at 11:49 PM

    Tq Welvin. That is clearly the way forwards.