- lbrooksgroupAsked on June 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM
I made a form but I would like to have it where people can order more than one product at a time. How is this possible?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on June 30, 2011 at 09:13 AM
Certainly! JotForm is the perfect solution for your needs. On the PayPal wizard select "Multiple Products" option and then enter your products and prices.
- lbrooksgroupAnswered on July 02, 2011 at 11:18 AMThis is not what I wanted to know, Can the customer add quanities to their order? also I have questions about shipping my rates changes base on what my customer orders...
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on July 03, 2011 at 07:24 AM
To answer your 1st question, yes, there is an option to set quantities to a product.
For your 2nd question, at the moment we don't have a feature to automatically compute the shipping price depending on the number of quantities in set.
It seems to be a good idea so I will forward a ticket to the development team and let them consider this shipping feature for implementation. But I cannot just give assurance to when this feature will be usable.
Thank you for your patience.
- lbrooksgroupAnswered on July 03, 2011 at 11:43 AMhow can I set that?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 03, 2011 at 12:21 PM
To add a quantity option to your items:
1. While in edit mode, click the payment field in your form
2. Click the wizard icon that appears at the upper right of the field
3. In the Payment Wizard, click Next twice to skip to the Products page
4. Click the Add New Option button that appears when you hover your mouse to an item
5. In the Add New Option screen, choose "Add Quantity Property" then click Next
6. Edit the Quantity Property as you wish, then click Finish
Repeat steps 4 - 6 for the other products in your form.
Hope you find this useful and informational. Thank you for using Jotform!
- bccgrbAnswered on July 08, 2011 at 05:09 AM
The paypal wizard works fine until I use the the Add New Option (see Neil's screenshot step 4).
I tested several computers, operating systems and browsers:
OSX version 10.6.8 and FireFox version 3.6.10
OSX 10.6.8 and Safari 5.05
Windows 7 and Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
and even the Ipad 2.
Whenever I click on the Next button I receive no response (see Neil's step 5).
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on July 08, 2011 at 10:48 PM
That bug had been reported and should be fixed now, according to our development team. If you're still having the same issue, may I suggest that you post on that related thread or open a new thread in this forum.
Thanks and have a great weekend!