- nolitahouseAsked on January 21, 2014 at 07:39 AM
I have a pretty sophisticated spreadsheet with various functions etc that I would like to import Jot form data into. Is there a way to import certain JF fields and map them to specific GSH fields so that the data can be calculated in the spreadsheet automatically? OR, can I add a formula to the data field in GSH that captures the JF data and manipulate it?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 21, 2014 at 07:45 AM
If you have JotForm submissions, you can just integrate that form to Google spreadsheet so that it will generate the google spreadsheet.
Since you also have a another existing spreadsheet, you can now merge/calculate the 2 spreadsheets (jotform spreadsheet + existing spreadsheet). You can do this within the Google docs spreasheet application.
Hope this help. Inform us if you need further assistance.
- nolitahouseAnswered on January 21, 2014 at 08:01 AM
I'm not entirely clear on your explanation. I have already integrated my JF to GSH and it just creates a "dumb" spreadsheet without formulas - just data. What I was hoping to do was to map the data from the fields in JF and populate fields in a "smart" spreadsheet which I had already created which has formulas etc... I think I am going to try and create another tab in the GSH with the smart sheet and then pull the data from the imported JF tab.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 21, 2014 at 08:16 AM
Sorry for the confusion. My initial understanding was like this.
1. You have an existing sophisticated spreadsheet with various functions etc
2. You have an existing JotForm submissions. This also means you have a JotForm form, because the Jotform submissions you have can only come from JotForm form.
3. My suggestion is to integrate the form (in #2) to Google docs spreadsheet. This will allow you to have a new spreadsheet that contains the Jotform submissions.
4. Now that you have 2 spreadsheets, you can now use the Google docs spreadsheet application to merge the 2 datasources (jotform + sophisticated spreadsheet)
Hope I am able to explain it properly this time.
- nolitahouseAnswered on January 21, 2014 at 08:36 AM
Yes sir. Thank you. That is what I intend to do. The JF Spreadsheet will just serve as the data set and the sophisticated SS will pull the data from it.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 21, 2014 at 08:56 AM
We are glad to be of help anytime.
Contact us again anytime for any assistance you need.