- TiffanyJolie87Asked on January 21, 2014 at 03:16 PM
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on January 21, 2014 at 03:48 PM
Please provide more details regarding your query so we can assist you with your concerns.
- TiffanyJolie87Answered on January 21, 2014 at 03:50 PM
Sorry I clicked enter before finishing filling out the information. I have found other people with same issue on here but did the fix for it and still having issues.....PayPal is making customers in USA create account to pay at checkout....
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 21, 2014 at 04:35 PM
Were you referring to this form https://www.jotform.com/32765758486169
I test submitted the form, but I could not reproduce the issue.
An existing paypal account is always required for users doing payment via paypal. If the form user does not have an existing account, the paypal screen will display a screen where the user can create an account.
Is this the issue you were reporting? Please inform us if this is not clear.
- TiffanyJolie87Answered on January 21, 2014 at 05:04 PM
yes, I thought that customers could pay without a paypal account and without having to create one. Is this not the case?
- JotForm Supportardy0689Answered on January 21, 2014 at 07:02 PM
Hello. Unfortunately, that is not the case for Paypal. To do a transaction with Paypal, a user must first have an account with them. Paypal uses email addresses as reference to who owns a particular transaction ID. Without it, you can not transact via Paypal.
You can however try the Paypal Pro Integration which accepts credit cards but this requires you to have Premier or Business type Account from Paypal. Please refer to our guide Difference between Paypal & Paypal Pro If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.Thank you
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on January 21, 2014 at 07:24 PM
If you're using a Personal (regular) account type, you can upgrade your PayPal account to Premier or Business so you can accept credit card payments without upgrading to PayPal Pro.
To do this:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Upgrade Account.
3. Click Upgrade Now.
4. Choose Business or Premier account.
5. Click Continue.
6. For a Business account, fill in your business information and click Continue.
Once your account type is set to Premier or Business, your checkout page should look like this:
You can also ask PayPal's customer support for assistance.