- caring4catsAsked on January 23, 2014 at 06:55 AM
Hi. Im trying to create a form where I ask a user to upload an image. I would require the image to be more than 1mb in size but less than 7mb. This is for a calendar competition and the printer require a certain quality. Are there any adds ons or tools that would allow me to specify a minimum requirement? I am unable to find anything.
- jedcadornaAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 07:48 AM
Thank you for contacting us. If you are referring to putting a limit to the size of the images to be uploaded to your form please refer to the image below:
Choose File upload then select the properties you will have options to limit the Extensions and the Max file size to be uploaded.
- caring4catsAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 07:50 AM
- caring4catsAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 08:25 AM
Hi. I can see how to limit the image by entering a max size but im also trying to make sure the user can not upload an image under a certain size. An image under 1MB will be no good to us so the best way to enforce this would be to set a minimum size too.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 08:49 AM
That would be a good idea. I was searching our widgets to see if any in the upload category had that feature but unfortunately there was none. As such, I have submitted a ticket requesting that Min Size be added to the properties of upload fields.
- caring4catsAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 08:50 AM
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 08:53 AM
- caring4catsAnswered on January 23, 2014 at 09:00 AM
- caring4catsAnswered on February 15, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Hello. Do you know if and when this would be actioned? I'm still having trouble with users uploading images with the incorrect size.
- KadeJMAnswered on February 15, 2014 at 02:32 PM
Hi James, As far as I can tell we've added this to our Features Request List but please note that because of other priorities ahead of your request this may take some time to look over before it is considered.
We do not provide estimated timeframes since that would be falsely misleading of us to do so if we happened not to meet the stated timeframe that might get suggested so that is why. Please rest assured though that it is indeed on our list and our dev's will look it over as soon as they can. If later on it is implemented then we will certainly let you know here.
- caring4catsAnswered on February 15, 2014 at 02:40 PM
- gori-mathewAnswered on February 15, 2014 at 03:46 PM
- caring4catsAnswered on February 15, 2014 at 03:50 PM
- caring4catsAnswered on February 15, 2014 at 04:05 PM
Hi. Thanks for the update. I believe the blank responses from me are due to the autoresponder from my mailbox. Our charity sends out a confirmation so the notification I recieve to let me know of a reply triggers this. Sorry.