- cheekychappie2k2Asked on January 27, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Clients are in some cases waiting 5 minutes for forms to send. this never used to be the case and I am losing clients as a result of it taking longer once a client sends a form.
Here is the main form that I want to work, when someone completes it, they say it takes from 10 seconds to 5 minutes to complete. Most poeple press a button and expect instant things to happen. It takes 10 seconds for me and im on a very fast broadband, with a great ping, and a macbook... shouldnt take this long.
please can you advise? maybe its the addons i have on the page? any help appreciated....
- EliezerNAnswered on January 27, 2014 at 01:35 PM
Upon tesing your form I was able to notice the behavior you mention, however, after cloning your form and testing it, I found that the cause of the issue is the two required widgets you are using in the form:
It is probably conflicting with some element in your form and that causes the delay at the time of submitting the form.
So, please try disabling the required function, that may solve the issue. Kindly inform us if the issue still persists
- cheekychappie2k2Answered on January 27, 2014 at 09:36 PM
hi, i have modified it to the standard date time thing that jotform has... can you test again from your side? i just tested and it took a little while... just wondering if this is the 'saving to dropbox' and also 'adding new line to mailchimp'
its a shame its not quicker, should be a bit better i feel
- CesarAnswered on January 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM
I would suggest if possible to try the form on two different internet connections. It has taken 10 seconds to load the redirected page after clicking on the submit button.
Do let us know if you need further support. Thank you.
- cheekychappie2k2Answered on January 27, 2014 at 10:12 PM
10 seconds is a long time to wait for a client. what is taking it so long? is it the other information that i need that i am asking for?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 03:11 AM
It seems that the way you have created your form http://form.jotformeu.com/form/23053573841351, you will have to accept some penalty in performance of speed during the submissio process.
Below are some process that you have to consider that the form will do before it can fully send the submission.
1. This is a multi-page long form, which means there are a lot of data on it when submitted
2. The multiple action conditions will also affect the process of the form every time there is an interaction
3. The widgets (social, google analytics, referrer) in your form will also take at least a second to get connection before the form can be completely submitted.
4. You are using a custom URL Thank You page. When the form is submitted it will connect again to your website to render the TY page.
I also tested your form using its direct URL http://form.jotformeu.com/form/23053573841351 and it took only a second to see the Thank you page. BUT its probably because I skipped some data because I only answered some question mostly as "No"
But I believed even if answered all the questions, it will still take 2-3 seconds to send the form. Which should be acceptable since the form is remotely located in JotForm server.
If you have means to embed the form using its source code in your website, this will also help speed up the connection between your form and the TY page because the form will become locally located to your own web server.
Hope this help. Inform us if the issue remains.
- cheekychappie2k2Answered on January 28, 2014 at 01:46 PM
i cant embed it as there is a little code issue with something but im not sure what as i dont have java knowledge.
it takes 8 seconds, and i dont embed the form, i use the direct link to the jotform website, and have removed the facebook/twitter integration.
i also noted that the widget that has terms and conditions didnt work on someones form, so have removed that too.
i need the options for the 2nd dog and 3rd dog, otherwise people would be filling in more forms, and thats what jotform offers so im suprised if that will delay anything if the question doesnt even show. perhaps you could improve the performance your end on that???
thanks for your answers
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 03:00 PM
How about using http://www instead of http://form. This URL: http://www.jotformeu.com/form/23053573841351. I'm not really sure if this will speed up the on submit process to your end, but it works fine here after cloning your form.
You can also clear your form caches: How to Clear your Form Cache. This should help a bit.
- cheekychappie2k2Answered on January 28, 2014 at 05:21 PM
Everytime i press clear cache, it comes up with a dialog box saying server error. Help? can you clear it for me? no dialog box comes up saying done at all
- jedcadornaAnswered on January 28, 2014 at 05:57 PM
I did get the server error message if using the clear cache settings under Account Settings. We have cleared your form cache using our tool can you please try the form provided by my colleague and see if that speeds up when submitting a form.
- cheekychappie2k2Answered on January 29, 2014 at 01:13 PM
Just had the same issue, it seems to take ages for it to work... the client is using firefox... this was not happening before and i notice more and more issues with connecting to the server on some forms. also, just getting on to the jotform website sometimes says its too busy... are you guys not investing in enough server power to run things??
- cheekychappie2k2Answered on January 29, 2014 at 01:22 PM
starting to affect my business if you guys cant ensure your server is working all the time. clearly its overloaded!
- cheekychappie2k2Answered on January 29, 2014 at 01:23 PM
grrrr i cant show you the photo of the server error!!! but its a 500 internal server error which comes up due to the fact the server doesnt respond
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on January 29, 2014 at 02:45 PM
The form editor 500 error should not affect any live forms, but we do have plans to improve the editor and forms stability in general.
I have checked your 'Dog Boarding' form and there are some factors that might have impact on the submissions time:
- This is a long form, 50+ fields.
- Enabled Dropbox integration.
- Enabled Mailchimp integration.
- Custom Thank You Page redirect.
The submission delay might be added from any integration, and this is not something that we control. You might try to disable your integrations to see if that makes any differences for you.
However, please note that our forms are pretty reliable, my test submission went through in about 5 seconds.