- FridgeAsked on July 01, 2011 at 01:29 PM
In process of creating a form and wish to add text from another document into a text box. Have not placed form on web site yet.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 01, 2011 at 07:00 PM
Thanks for asking. My assumption is that you are referring to a text area which is a multiline text box but the procedure is the same:
2. Load the form into whose text area you wish to include the copied text
3. Click the field containing the text area in question (click to the left or right of the actual text area)
4. This will activate the Properties tab for the said text area
5. Click the Default Value button, click inside that button's text box and paste the text you would have earlier copied
6. Save the form
That's it. If you require clarification on anything, please be sure to ask for it and we'll see how best we can explain whatever you need help with.
- jeremyatfentonAnswered on September 28, 2011 at 03:35 PM
How about pasting line breaks in that text area as the deault value? Doesn't seem posssible?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on September 28, 2011 at 09:03 PM
Thanks for asking. It does not appear possible to do so in the form builder (whether using the Default Value or Hint Example tool). However, if you embed the source of the form into a web page, here is the answer.
Should you require assistance with anything else form related, be sure let us know. Our team will be glad to help you as best as we can.