- CampusjaegerAsked on January 29, 2014 at 08:40 AM
Hey our form acts really slow at the moment. What could be the problem?
Here is the link to the form:
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 29, 2014 at 09:48 AM
Thank you for contacting us.
I tested the website, and while it seems to respond normally, please tell us whether the following link loads at the same rate as your embedded form:
This could be caused by a number of factors:
1. Your webhost web-server processes the Iframe fetch too slowly
2. The general internet connection
3. Slow response from our end.
While the latter is unlikely, we will investigate nontheless.
How did the two links behave?
- CampusjaegerAnswered on January 29, 2014 at 02:53 PM
I couldnt open the first one, but the second one was extremly good! What does that mean?
Edit: The second one only went good in the beginning now it's lagging a bit.
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on January 29, 2014 at 04:01 PM
Can you please let us know the change you performed upon edit the second form?
Is this the one http://www.jotformeu.com/form/40284199440355?
Please provide us with more details so we can investigate deeper the reason of the lag
- CampusjaegerAnswered on January 29, 2014 at 05:02 PM
thank you for answering my question. I try to describe what I mean by lagging. When I write something into the box and press Tab the form is lagging.
I just recognized when I write something write her in the chatbox it's also lagging a bit. Also when I change the font of the clicking box. But I only have this problem on jotform homepage.
Thank you in advance for your help.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 29, 2014 at 06:04 PM
The reason why it keeps on lagging is due to the autofill feature. Currently, it is set to saved on every data changes which also means the autosave script keeps executing on the page every time you entered data on the fields. The 'save on data changes' works best on a short form. Your's a bit lengthy which is also the reason why. The best way to resolve this is to disable the autofill feature or you can adjust it's settings to saved with a time interval not on every data changes to prevent lags.
Here's an example:
I have also experienced the lag when I write my reply while the form is open in another tab. However, after closing it, the browser behaves normally so it's probably the runtime script that causes every pages to freeze.
Hope this helps. Regards!
- MartinAnswered on January 30, 2014 at 03:58 AM
I disabled the autofill feature as good as it's possible I think, but the form is still not working smooth. Did I do something wrong?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 30, 2014 at 04:20 AM
This might be the form you've updated, http://www.jotform.eu/33321590996360 which is running smoothly now.
But, the form (40284199440355) embedded on your page has still the autofill feature enabled. Kindly review.