- Kay Byers, LPCAsked on January 30, 2014 at 03:40 PMPage URL:
- CesarAnswered on January 30, 2014 at 05:15 PM
Update (April 19, 2018) HIPAA is available for our Gold & Silver plan.
If I put the form on my website, does it remain HIPAA compliant?
Jotform doesn't have HIPAA Compliance Certificate, but you can use Jotform in HIPAA Compliant way. Please check the below details:
Our servers already match all criteria since we already care a lot about the security. However, some features of our application are not HIPAA compliant so if you refrain from using those features, I think you should be fine.
1. Always use SSL (https) version of JotForm site on your browser. Use "https://www.jotform.com" to login to your account, create your forms, look at your submissions and link to your forms.
2. Edit emails on all forms to make sure no specific information is used on them. We send emails in plain text. So, they are not secure. Only use emails to get alerts to know there is a new submission. Once you receive an email alert, log into the secure JotForm site and then look at the user
3. If you use the Reports feature only do it with password protection. That will both ask for a password, and it will transfer all data over SSL.
4. Same for uploads. They are not password protected.
5. Logout immediate after you are done with the site.
6. Regularly download submissions and then delete them.
Data stored on our servers are not encrypted, but access to our servers is safeguarded. Data transmission from the person who submits their health information to our servers can be done in an encrypted manner, by using the forms securely.
JotForm certainly complies with the technical safeguard section of the HIPAA security rule:
Information systems housing PHI must be protected from intrusion. When information flows over open networks, some form of encryption must be utilized. If closed systems/networks are utilized, existing access controls are considered sufficient and encryption is optional.
This is as decribed on thread: http://www.jotform.com/answers/261547-HIPAA-Compliance
How do I know when somebody has completed the form?
If you have Email Alerts (Email Notifications) setup on your form. You will recieve and email instantly once a person has performed a submission to your form.
Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on April 13, 2018 at 10:08 AM
Great news! JotForm now offers HIPAA compliance. This means users in the healthcare industry can use JotForm to collect sensitive patient information through consent and onboarding forms, medical history updates, online bill payments, and prescription refill requests.
HIPAA-compliant forms require a Gold pricing plan, which is only $99 a month or a Silver pricing plan, which is $39 a month. A business associate agreement (BAA) is also available upon request.
For more information about our HIPAA-compliant forms, visit www.jotform.com/hipaa.
- JotForm DevelopergizemAnswered on April 19, 2018 at 08:49 AM
Update: HIPAA is available for the Silver plan as well.