- ramkamAsked on January 30, 2014 at 11:24 PMHi, Your systems wants me to give you access to my entire 100Gb of dropbox data ... No way. How can we restrict this to a single folder that you manage ?Cheers Ram
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 31, 2014 at 04:28 AM
You need to allow and add JotForm to your App list like Dropbox. That authentication is required so that you can give permission to JotForm to send the submission data into your Dropbox account.
You need not worry because it is only asking for authentication permission, but does not capture any of your account details.
- ramkamAnswered on January 31, 2014 at 05:21 AMHi, According to dropbox api specs, you can request a per folder access, and it is highly encouraged, as stated herehttps://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/devguide"Use the minimum permissions you needIf your app only needs the user to select a single file so you can print/publish/post/share it, use the Chooser. It's the easiest way to integrate with Dropbox and simple for users to use as well. If you only need to access files created by your app, use an App Folder. Requesting Full Dropbox access to pick a file when you could use the Chooser isn't a good use of the permission."And there https://www.dropbox.com/developers/blog/44/file-type-permission-access-just-the-files-your-app-needs i dont want you to have full access. Limited access is good, otherwise forget me.:-)
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on January 31, 2014 at 08:30 AM
Thank you for that information.
I have submitted your request for deliberation.
We will update this thread as soon as possible.
- drmartellAnswered on April 04, 2014 at 09:37 AM
Any update on this? Restricting permissions to specified folder(s) would be a best practice and make or break for many users. Thanks.
- EliezerNAnswered on April 04, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Please let me inform you that we have not received any update yet. We are still awaiting for the answer of our higher ups about this request. We will inform you as soon as we get any information.