- AMPYesAsked on February 04, 2014 at 11:30 AM
I want a conditional email notification to go to multiple addresses. For some strange reason, it only sends to the last email address listed. In the screenshot example, it would only send to firstname.lastname@example.org, not the first three.
- AMPYesAnswered on February 04, 2014 at 11:41 AM
I have a found two workarounds, neither is ideal:
1) in the field that says "Email to" put multiple email addresses, separated by a comma ("email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org" -- all on one line)
2) create a separate condition for each email address.
Solution (1) means that everyone who received it can see the other recipients
Solution (2) is a pain; it would lead me to create over 25 different email conditions. It is confusing (and JotForm does not seem to like this)
So I am still hoping there is an easy fix from the JotForm team!
- JotForm Support ManagerJeanetteAnswered on February 04, 2014 at 12:27 PM
To make the Send After Submission conditional logic to work, you must create one single notification, thus:
Send Notification 1 to email@example.com
Send Notification 2 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Send Notification 3 to email@example.com
This way, you wil avoid people seeing each other
- AMPYesAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 12:05 AM
This did not solve the problem. It seems you cannot have more than one rule and one action per email condition. By default, it seems to use the first rule and the final action.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 05, 2014 at 03:33 AM
You're right, you cannot send a single notification to a multiple email address using multiple actions. In other words, you have to create each notification for each of the email address you're sending the form submissions. To clarify my colleague's idea, you have to create each condition per notification.
(Condition1) Send Notification 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Condition2) Send Notification 2 to email@example.com
As far as I know, this is the most ideal solution we could offer to achieve what you want.