- tishmanj2Asked on February 06, 2014 at 12:39 PM
I read a few posts about currency field requests. It appears that there currently is no field specifically for currency. Is that true?
If so, I'd like to be counted among the requests to add a currency field that automatically populates the decimal at two characters (e.g. "xxx.xx") and that, when exported to Excel or CSV, can be calculated (e.g. =sum) We need a sum of total dollar amounts entered in currency field.
The current option of limiting input to numeric entry is not intuitive for those filling out the form. People neter "$" and "." etc. and therefore can't be calculated in Excel. And entering a dollar amount as numeric only (e.g. 3452312 to mean $34,523.12) doesn't make sense to people either.
Thank you for continuing to advance JotForm!
- EliezerNAnswered on February 06, 2014 at 02:13 PM
As you has stated already the only option to allow decimal is by using the Number field, which will allow numeric values only.
So, I have opened a new feature request so that our dev team can consider the implementation of a feature that can allow currency and numeric values with decimals to be calculated.
We cannot promise anything about this implementation, but it is sure will update this thread is we receive any info about this feature from our dev team.
- kluvergroupAnswered on March 19, 2014 at 06:26 AM
I'd like to bump this vote as well. A dollar field seems elementary to include as a basic field for form creation. When can we get this? The field will show to have a $ already for the end-form user to know it is a dollar field and allow for the end-user to put in a number with or without decimals.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 19, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Upon checking the feature request ticket, I found that it is already assigned to our developer. That means we are already working on this. Hopefully this feature will be release soon.
We will update you here as soon as there are any update on this thread.
- cheekyfaceAnswered on March 28, 2014 at 04:45 AM
Will this be part of the calculation widget or different field?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on March 28, 2014 at 07:17 AM
I cannot confirm that, but the message has been relayed to our developer.
- kreddinAnswered on August 26, 2014 at 05:05 PM
What is the progress on this to date?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 26, 2014 at 09:32 PM
We have added Currency validation in our TextBox field, please kindly check:
You can include this in the calculation widget: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-perform-calculation-in-the-form.
Hope that works for anyone here :)
- cheekyfaceAnswered on August 26, 2014 at 10:23 PM
I've tried to make changes to my current form which originally used numeric fields for calculating - so I'm trying to replce them with the text box field and set it to currency as per your diagram.
Only problem I find so far is that the paypal field doesn't see the new text-box field so I can't select that field as the field which is used to draw the total amount from.
Hopefully images below make this clearer...
my form is at: http://form.jotformpro.com/form/42378504407960?
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 27, 2014 at 12:01 AM
That is correct. You can only pass the value of "Form Calculation" widget to a payment field. The value of text boxes cannot be passed to the payment field.
If the text boxes with "currency" validation works for you, here are the steps to achieve your requirement:
1. Add a "Form Calculation" widget in your form and hide it by going to the field properties.
2. Add a text box field with currency validation.
3. Add a condition in your form to check if the currency text box is filled, then update the value of the form calculation widget. The following guide should help you: http://www.jotform.com/help/268-How-to-Insert-Text-or-Mathematical-Caculation-into-a-field-using-a-Condition
Please check the screenshot below on how to do this:
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.