- fmCorpAsked on February 07, 2014 at 12:02 PM
I am having difficulties getting a conditionally hidden field to populate, as it seems to report value="" when a field is hidden. This value is populated *if* the form field isn't hidden (using the conditions below):
- If *chapter* field *Is Filled*
- Then *Hide* *chapter* Field
If you go the form when the condition is applied, no value is ever written to the field, and thus never submitted with the form. you can see and example here, the item 25_chapter is located beneath the submit button:
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on February 07, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Conditionally-hidden fields are stripped of their values because that's how it should be.
Is it really necessary to have this field hidden via condition? Perhaps you may want to use the Hidden Box widget instead. This is a permanently hidden field which you may also populate.
Hope this helps.
- fmCorpAnswered on February 07, 2014 at 12:34 PM
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for pointing me toward the widget section. There is a lot of goodies in there!