- NRCsupportAsked on February 09, 2014 at 07:05 PM
1. If a rule is something like "If condition A is true, show section B", then will the section automatically be hidden when condition A is false? or will it return to its default state? I have actually used both "If A is true, show B" and "If A is false, hide B" - but maybe it is not not necessary to include both.
2. The documentation says that one should not set hidden and closed simultaneously. But surely if one wants a section to default to closed, and for the collapse field to be invisible at all times, that is exactly the combination one needs. I have my sections set up this way and so far they work flawlessly.
3 (suggestion) Would it be possible to add an ELSE clause to the rules?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 10, 2014 at 01:50 AM
That is correct. The "Section B" should be hidden by default and would only be visible if the A is True. You should only use one conditional rule such as "If condition A is true, show section B".
You mean this guide: How to Hide or Show Multiple Fields at Once Based On a Single Conditional Entry, right? Since you want to show multiple field at once, the collapse field should NOT be hidden and of the same time being closed. How can you show the fields under this collapse if you have it as hidden and closed, no one would be able to see the fields under it. You can do this:
-Collapse Closed & Visible
-Collapse Open & Hidden
If possible, please open a new thread for your suggestion. We'll surely add it to our feature request list. Start here: Contact JotForm Support
- NRCsupportAnswered on February 10, 2014 at 02:23 AM
Thanks very much.
Yes I am referring to that guide. It includes this statement "Important note: You can set Form Collapse Status and Visibility to any combination, EXCEPT [Status: Closed] and [Visibility: Hidden]. Such configuration would just not make sense ;)"
But to me that combination makes perfect sense - and it works as I want it to. I have a radio button pair to select one of two options, with the radio buttons defaulting to neither selected. I have two sections of the form each headed by a "collapse". Both sections default to closed so in the default state I don't want to see anything below the radio button pair. When I click the first button I want one of the sections to appear. When I click the second button I want the other section to appear. But I never want the collapse bar itself to appear. So surely the correct default setting is Closed and Hidden?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 10, 2014 at 05:46 AM
I'm not yet sure if we have these changes but so far, it seems you were right that even though the collapse is closed/hidden, the fields will still be visible. Lately, this isn't the behavior of the form collapse field when use into our conditional logic settings. I guess you can do it that way for now. We'll update you here if there are changes.
Here's my test form: http://www.jotformpro.com/form/40402684729962
- NRCsupportAnswered on February 10, 2014 at 06:01 AM
I do hope that it does not change. The present behaviour is exactly what I want.