- snaplashAsked on February 11, 2014 at 02:58 PM
Hi, I am having some issues, although my google spreadsheet is now populating after yesterdays downtime, it takes 13minutes to get there.
Will this be permanent?
Could someone please respond. I rely on the data being quick.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 11, 2014 at 04:30 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Please allow some time to run some tests, we shall update this thread as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 11, 2014 at 05:10 PM
Thank you for the wait.
I checked your settings, and they appear to be in order.
I took a copy of your form and created a test integration with Google spreadsheet, my copy updated the spreadsheet almost immediately - so my tests were not very helpful in understanding what you are experiencing.
I reviewed your previous support threads, and noticed you've been having quite some trouble with Google Spreadsheet integration - but lets assume this is unrelated and get to the bottom of things -
Please bear with us as we diagnose the cause of this delay:
Please try the following links to your form:
Do both links update your spreadsheet just as slow?
Is it the same situation if you do not upload any images on your form and submit?
Please let us know.
- snaplashAnswered on February 11, 2014 at 05:50 PM
I could only get the jotformpro link to work, but it still takes 13 mins.
I submit at 2:16pm and I receive the notification that Google Spreadsheet has changed at 2:29pm.
I was watching it as well, but still this problem persists.
It is still the same with or without images. I cleared the cache and even tried on diffent browsers.
Could it have anything to do with the timestamps on my jotform which are hours wrong?
The images are uploaded to google drive immediately and sit there waiting for their spreasheet :-)
Any help would be appreciated!
- snaplashAnswered on February 11, 2014 at 06:14 PM
Just doing other tests and yes...13minutes on each upload.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 11, 2014 at 06:20 PM
Thank you for the clarification Mark.
You've helped me isolate the issue to Google Spreadsheet integration.
I'm running a few more tests - I might be able to reproduce the issue in 13 minutes.
I will update you once this is complete.
Thanks for sticking through this.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 11, 2014 at 06:41 PM
I was finally able to reproduce your issue - It does take 13 minutes, regardless of uploaded files and despite the Google Drive integration which works well.
I have escalated the issue with the specific details to our developers, and we shall update you on any developments.
Thank you for your patience - it is appreciated.
- snaplashAnswered on February 11, 2014 at 07:09 PM
Thank you so much, I thought I may have been going slightly insane.
Once again Thank you!
- snaplashAnswered on February 12, 2014 at 11:31 AM
Would using webhooks, navigate this problem of having Google integration, I need a solution quickly to receive data to a csv or tab delimited text doc?
Thanks you !
- EliezerNAnswered on February 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM
I'm not sure if using webhook would be an alternative solution. But I thought in a workaround that might work in the meantime. It is by creating an excel report for your form and then build the integration with our app Excel2Dropbox. In that way you will be able to store the Excel report in your dropbox account and the report will update automatically. So, these are the steps you need to follow:
1. Create an Excel report for your form. Here is how to do it: How to create an excel report?
2. Build the integration with our Excel2Cropbox app, you can find it here: http://apps.jotform.com/app/excel2dropbox
I hope this alternative solution can help you while we wait for the response from our dev team.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
- snaplashAnswered on February 12, 2014 at 02:09 PM
This sounds very promising! I will have a play with it. Thank you for taking the time to consider my challenge - I am feeling like my relationship with jotform is going to be spectacular!
- snaplashAnswered on February 12, 2014 at 04:24 PM
This is amazing! The hell with google! So much more robust!
- alp_denizAnswered on February 14, 2014 at 02:15 AM
The delay should also be cleaned. It is supposed to update right away!
- snaplashAnswered on February 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Thank you so much, I found a better solution that is a lot more robust.
It utilizes dropbox and applescript to auto download the spreadsheet convert it, reverse it and remove any quotation marks from the csv.
I will share it on the forums,
Thank you once again, Jotform is great, the people are knowledgeable and couteous.