- smmaAsked on February 12, 2014 at 07:05 PM
i just used this feature and tried to revert one of my forms to an earlier version. now when i click on that form to view or edit the screen is blank, like i deleted all the data of the form i was working on. help!
This is a re-post of a comment on Introducing Form Revisions: Never Lose Your Work Again!
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 12, 2014 at 07:09 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
You can always revert back to a later version of your form (the one you originally changed from) - it goes back and forth.
In any case, which form is this? Please share the form title or URL
We notice that you have quite a few forms shared with you from another account.
Please let us know.
- MadronaAnswered on February 12, 2014 at 07:22 PM
the link is: http://jotform.co/form/33357119259863
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 12, 2014 at 07:42 PM
Thank you for the response.
I checked you revision history, it appears you still have the option of reverting to other versions where all the fields were not cleared:
Please log out, and log back in, access the revision history for your form and revert it back to a working version.
Let us know if this helps.
- MadronaAnswered on February 12, 2014 at 07:47 PM
I just tried what you suggested but got the same results - a blank form. I also can't view my submissions.
- MadronaAnswered on February 12, 2014 at 07:54 PM
I tried taking screen caps just now of what I did, but I'm not sure how to add files to this thread.
In the 'revert to earlier version' section, I can see all of my earlier versions (the form is there). I choose a file from earlier today before I started this process and click convert to this version. I then click view this form or edit this form, but the form is blank, like it has been cleared (which I never did).
- CesarAnswered on February 12, 2014 at 08:59 PM
Please follow these steps to add screen captures to this forum:
Alternatively you may record a screencast using Jing and provide us the URL it gives you once it uploads the video to their services. This would help us inmensly to provide you the right assistance. Thank you.
- MadronaAnswered on February 13, 2014 at 06:20 PM
Here is the video:
This shows me opening the revision history of the form, reverting to an earlier version, but the form is still blank when I try to edit it.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 13, 2014 at 07:50 PM
Thank you for the feedback.
I will escalate this to our developers who will take a closer look.
We will update this thread upon deliberation.
Thank you for your patience.
- cettoxAnswered on February 18, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Hi, As far as I can see, your form seems fine, can you describe how it is fixed! Did you build the from from stratch?
- MadronaAnswered on February 18, 2014 at 05:46 PM
the form was shared with me by another user. I was not able to revert the form to an eariler version but the user who created the form was.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 18, 2014 at 06:24 PM
Thank you for the feedback.
We are glad that it worked out.