- tonycrowtherAsked on February 13, 2014 at 01:36 PM
I have three forms on a website: www.georgeatburpham.co.uk. All three have a field requiring the customer to enter their telephone number. The form shows a red asterisk by the field label.
But some of the emails come in without a telephone number. Is there a reason why the 'required' field is not proving to be obligatory?Page URL:
- pinoytechAnswered on February 13, 2014 at 02:54 PM
Can you please confirm if you are referring on this form?
Upon checking on this form, I found out that you did not update your email notification after the changes you made in your form like adding Phone Number field which causing the issue.
In order to fix this, I would suggest you to delete your current email notification and create a new one.
Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.
- tonycrowtherAnswered on February 14, 2014 at 02:30 AMThanks for the response. I have deleted the notification and created a new one - one three 'George' forms. Is it possible to look at them and check that they are all OK now?
Why did this happen - are you supposed to delete the notification each time you edit a form? Is this a bug?
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 14, 2014 at 08:22 AM
Thank you for the feedback.
You should be OK now.
Its not a bug, just that the email notification does not autoupdate if you change any of the form fields. Creating a new one normally solves the issue.
Log in to your account, and click on this link: http://jotform.com/submissions/33442163587861
You will see that all the phone-numbers were filled in and submitted by your users.
From now on, the email notification you created will be delievering these values once someone fills out the form.
If you hit any more bumps, please let us know.
- tonycrowtherAnswered on February 14, 2014 at 09:50 AMYes,all the phone-numbers were filled in and submitted by our users, but when the email was received, the phone numbers were not there!
In hope that this won't be the case now.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 14, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Thank you for the feedback.
Please be assured that the phone numbers will show up on your email from now on.
In the meantime, you could download the phonenumbers into and excel spreadsheet from the link I gave you.
Let us know if you hit any more bumps.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 14, 2014 at 10:05 AM
So far, I found this form http://www.jotform.co/form/33442739628866 as the one having missing phone number data in the submissions.
Can you pleaes try re-embedding the form using its iframe code instead.
Use this guide http://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code
Observe if this makes any difference.
I am suspecting script conflict is causing the missing submission for required fields.
Inform us if issue persist.