- kevshellyAsked on July 08, 2011 at 10:42 AM
A number of the clients who are attempting to access the form are unable to progress past either the first page of the form or past the first page of answers or once they have gone all the way to the end are unable to submit the form. How do I resolve this?
- DanielGriffinAnswered on July 08, 2011 at 03:09 PM
Sorry that you are having this issue. Are your clients reporting any particular problem or error messages? I suspect that it is probably a combination of a few things. for example, you are using a requiring a numeric value for the phone numbers, and very often people will add special characters like, (,),-, etc. into phone numbers.
Your form is very long so without more information it will be difficult to see where people are having problems. The form is set up correctly and it does work; as I have gone through it myself and submitted a clone to my own account. If possible, can you ask the users who reported problems to give some more details? Then we can figure out what they are doing wrong.
- kevshellyAnswered on July 09, 2011 at 03:34 AMThanks Daniel
I have more information on 3 examples of the form "sticking":
1. Yesterday the client only got as far as page one i.e.
the instructions and attempted to proceed and the form would not "continue"
and got no further and that was already a very reluctant candidate.
2. Another client got as far as filling in all the personal
information and then the form would not "continue" however on the same day I
was present when a client had a similar issue and we discovered that I had
not made the field for the Company name long enough, so that I have
corrected. I am not sure this was the problem in both cases that day.
3. A number of other clients completed everything and put
the code in at the end and the whole document would not "submit"
I hope this helps, do you suggest I take the numeric check of the phone
number, as many of our clients are not supper users. They are just regular
users - much like me.
- allanftdAnswered on July 09, 2011 at 06:55 AM
I was able to complete your rather long but well thought form and submit it successfully, with the Thank you page showing up after I click Submit. You can check my entry in the form's submissions page.
I'm thinking of several factors that caused some of your clients to not complete the forms.
- Some of your users might have difficulty downloading the form because of the way they access the form, i.e. nature (wireless, mobile/3G) and speed of internet connection, device used (tablet, mobile phone, which are less powerful than desktops)
- The length of your form could translate to lesser conversions. Consider that some of your users might have shorter attention span and could not finish the form.
If you observe anything in common for all users that have reported this issue (i.e same time, same geographic location, same ISP, etc), it will definitely help in our investigation. Please advise so that we can assist you further.
Thank you for using JotForm!
- kevshellyAnswered on July 09, 2011 at 07:28 AMHi Prof JotForm
I did receive your MyProfile form. Thank You. You get the same result I do
when I test the whole thing. Do you want a report?
Firstly thank you for your assistance. We use JotForm for a rather less than
conventional purpose. People complete this by invitation only as we use the
information as the basis for Executive and Business Coaching and Leadership
Development. We needed a platform for this purpose and JotForm works really
well. It serves as a fast way of capturing front end information. We are
currently working on a means to populate reports from the Excel/CSV
downloads of each individual submission. Once it has completed, the next
step we may take is to make this available openly on our website.
and then possibly 3G as the next most likely issue. I will check this on
Monday, I do think one client was on dial-up. I am going to monitor this
armed with the information you have now given me and if necessary will get
back to you.
- allanftdAnswered on July 09, 2011 at 08:16 AM
Thanks for your response, Kevin. I was impressed with how you used JotForm, and we're glad you trusted our service to handle such an important process.
Please keep us in the loop for any updates or observations that you have. We're eager to assist you.
Thank you for using JotForm!