- EvolutionaryAsked on February 16, 2014 at 09:48 AM
Is it possible to make two box's mandatory, but only one of them have to be filled in order to submit?
It is beacuse we want people to be able to either upload the file or link to the file.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 11:57 AM
You can make use of the Radio options field (to give an either choice) and then use condition logic to show the input box.
Please test this form http://www.jotformpro.com/form/40465058165960
Inform us if this cannot work for you.
- EvolutionaryAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 01:08 PM
Amazing thanks, where do i find condition logic
- pinoytechAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 01:27 PM
While on edit mode of your form, go to “Setup & Embed” and click "Conditions" button.
Please refer on this article for more detailed information.
Feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.
- EvolutionaryAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 02:45 PM
I would like it like Jonathan made it, but i cannot seem to make it do the same.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 02:51 PM
I was able to see the mistake in your condition.
Please revised it to like this instead
Inform us if you need further assistance.
- EvolutionaryAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 03:01 PM
when a try to make the last box, it doesn't wanna let me save it.
I deleted the whole box, and made it agien fixed now. Thanks for the help!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 03:09 PM
I think you were able to get it right already. I see it working on your form http://www.jotform.com/40455423321343
Inform us still does not work.
- EvolutionaryAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 05:05 PM
It is working, really nice feature now my problem is that people can skip, uploading/linking to a video.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 05:39 PM
Greetings, in this case you need to set those fields as required:
I cloned your form, you can try my example here. Let us know if you need more help.
- EvolutionaryAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 06:51 PM
Alright, so it wont bug up but will simply choose the selected one as required.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 07:31 PM
I understand the limitation of the workaround I suggested. Of course, if the form user would still choose not to upload or add URL of Video after already selecting an option, then, they probably are not really intending to upload anything.
So trapping them with the mandatory option is the method you can take. It does not do the "option only mandatory" you wanted though -- it is either you set only 1 as mandatory or both.
How about if you just prevent the user from submitting the form if none of the 2 upload option is not used?
You can achieved that using condition like this
Here is the test form http://www.jotform.me/form/40464348109454?
What I did was use the Terms Condtion field as the common mandatory field. So, in the condition, if any of the rule is satisfied, the Terms field will be seen.
If condition is not met, the Terms field is hidden, preventing the user from ever submitting the form.
Tell us your feedback on this.
- EvolutionaryAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 09:50 AM
Ouh this seems complicated..
- EliezerNAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 11:02 AM
You can simply clone the form of my colleague so that you do not have to do all that work. Here is my colleague's form: http://www.jotform.me/form/40464348109454
Here is how to clone a form: How to clone an exisiting form from a URL
Just make sure to use the URL of your own terms and conditions in the widget:
Inform us if you need further help.
- EvolutionaryAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 11:07 AM
Hmm tried that, but seems like it does not have the settings he made?
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Sorry but what settings are you referring to? We'd appreciate if you could be more specific.
Just in case you mean the condition settings, you can check existing conditions on the condition wizard. Check this screenshot:
If you're referring to the terms & conditions widget, it's on the 3rd to the last field on my colleague's form. Just click that field (click the part where the cursor turns in to cross or drag mode) then click the widget field cog icon like the following.
Let us know should you have further questions.
- EvolutionaryAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 07:11 PM
I got it fixed thanks for the help. :)
- CarinaAnswered on February 28, 2014 at 07:37 PM
On behalf of my colleagues you are most welcome.
Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance.