- WargoddessAsked on February 16, 2014 at 01:08 PM
I have a form that contains sensitive data on which I placed a review field. I tried to use th report feature to create a feed that only shows that field of the form, but when I tested it, I discovered that the header of each entry was, in fact, a hyperlink which when clicked revealed the entire form. I really like the look of the feed over the other report styles, but I want to keep my customer data safe. How might I accomplish this? I am not including the url because I did not actually use the feed.
- CesarAnswered on February 16, 2014 at 01:21 PM
One way you could go about this is having the form email this information through an email notification to a CMS such as wordpress for example. where it would post each review on a page. Wordpress has its own RSS so you would then have an RSS created by the email notifications. Leaving out all the unwanted information.
This is just optional workaround. Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
- WargoddessAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 01:00 AM
Is that the only way? I barely know how to use Jotforms, I have no idea how to use Wordpress.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 04:37 AM
Thanks. I have added that as a feature request so it will be considered in the future updates. That seems to be a good addition on the RSS report feature. Sorry though but we can't provide you any ETA on this but rest assured as soon as this is implemented, you will be inform here.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 05:19 AM
I implemented this feature for you. Simply add "?nolink" to the RSS feed URL. Here is an example:
(Note that RSS feeds have strong caching so if you look at the feed before adding the nolink parameter to the URL you will still see it with the link even if you add nolink. If that happens make a test submission on your form so that the cache should get cleared.)
- WargoddessAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 01:23 PM
Wow, that was fast! You people are amazing, thanks. I'm going to go play with it now.
- WargoddessAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 02:45 PM
And it works perfectly, once I cleared it! Thanks so much!
- WargoddessAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 02:56 PM
Would it be possible to add a checkbox that kills the link feature link the one I use for making forms secure?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on February 17, 2014 at 05:28 PM
I have added your request to the ticket. We will let you know if we have any news on this.