- adrianaa03Asked on February 20, 2014 at 04:49 PM
I have the free service at the moment but when someone completed my form it sent over 100 times taking me over my quota. How can I fix this.
- jedcadornaAnswered on February 20, 2014 at 04:54 PM
You can set limits to your form so only unique submissions can be made by a user. Please read through this detailed guide on how to http://www.jotform.com/help/64-How-to-Set-Unique-Submissions-on-a-Form
- adrianaa03Answered on February 20, 2014 at 05:07 PM
I was actually testing the form myself and only hit submit once. I just tested a different form on my other website and it did the same. Submitted the form 30 times even though I hit the submit button just once. I just upgraded my account to 1,000 submissions a month but at this rate its going to hit 1,00 very soon.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 20, 2014 at 06:15 PM
I can see the problem -
We will make sure that the erronous submissions do not count to your submission limit.
We however need to investigate the issue, and determine what could be causing this.
Thank you for your patience.
In the meantime, I would reccomend restarting your computer right away in case its a malicious script that could be causing this.
We will update this thread as soon as possible.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on February 20, 2014 at 06:27 PM
Please do the following as soon as possible:
1. Clone your form by following this linked guide. This will create a copy of the form that is doing this (http://jotform.us/form/30066966163154)
2. Delete the original form: http://jotform.us/form/30066966163154
3. Do a test submission - same behavior?
Please let us know.