- ForeSeeXAsked on February 25, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Hello, We have created a quite eleborate form which requires a user to upload several images and small video clips. However when the form is submitted it takes several minutes to load the information.
Typically you will see a "Processing Icon" letting the user know that the form is doing something. However with our forms it "appears frozen"...however I personally am aware of a small icon at the bottom of my screen which lets me know what percentage of load I'm at, every computer is different and some people are not aware of small features on their computer and would ASSUME the form is STUCK...
Is there a "Loading Prompt" which can appear when the application is still loading and let the customer know not to close out the screen? If not this could be a huge problem while I'm afraid that many of our customers may not properly finish the application process.
Please let me know if this is something that can be added.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 26, 2014 at 03:21 AM
You may like to enable the "Allow Multiple" property of your file upload question. Enabling this will display the user how much percentage of file is uploaded. Here are the steps to enable the "Allow Multiple" property of file upload question:
1. Load your form in form editor.
2. Select the file upload question of your form.
3. Click on the "Allow Multiple" property in the form toolbar which will display "ON" property.
4. Once the "Allow Multiple" is switched ON, it will start uploading and displaying the upload status as soon as the file is selected:
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- iam.mehulparikhAnswered on March 24, 2014 at 02:16 PM
I have a query.
What if I dont wish the user to upload more than one video file. Still show the upload bar status?
How do I do it?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on March 24, 2014 at 04:41 PM
We do not have such option. However, the Google Chrome browser is showing upload progress bar for single upload fields at the bottom left corner.